Making my own foamboard

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
yea I've been wanting to build a sea plane but the paper would just have peeled off...... now sea plane here I come...... probably an FT Angel. it's so sweet looking

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
although here's a fun fact I don't live anywhere near water....... hmmm maybe I should look at one of the ones that'll also land on a runway

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Wow, nice!

What parameters do you plan on trying?

I suggest trying multiple glues and trying with and without sanding the plastic surface.
so my foam I'm cutting is about 50cm wide by 2m long and the plastic will fit on that perfectly so those sort of parameters are what I'm looking at, and I cut my foam about 3-4 mm thick. ill probably use wood glue on one and normal homemade glue on another and sanding as you suggested, ill basically carry out a science experiment

Apis

so my foam I'm cutting is about 50cm wide by 2m long and the plastic will fit on that perfectly so those sort of parameters are what I'm looking at, and I cut my foam about 3-4 mm thick. ill probably use wood glue on one and normal homemade glue on another and sanding as you suggested, ill basically carry out a science experiment

This weekend, I will try to track some 0.1mm or 0.2 mm acetate plastic down and try against depapered DTFB. I don't have a rig to measure strength, but I can do a qualitative assessment and measure weight

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
do you guys know of a seaplane that will also take of and land on ground?
This one would work too:
1604090534209.png