Making my own foamboard

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hi guys haven't been able to get to making that plastic coated foam board, I've been to busy rescuing 200m of armoured cable, and our electricity has been out for the past 2.5 days.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::(:eek::cry:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
He'll squel on his partner for a lesser charge. You'll get both.
no he won't these guys stay dead quite, and anyway its not so important the other guy got an enormous fright when my dad and I chased after them, I've never seen someone run so fast. probably because most of the farmers around here carry guns and they thought we would shoot at them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
and besides that the police here are despicable, they won't open a case or blah blah blah....... my granny had an armed robbery at her house, and the police only arrived 48hours later with their machine guns and whadawhadawaa, wow that got my dad peeved.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
it works.... I've been rather busy lately..... but the plastic works I sanded it with 100 grit sand paper. used wood glue and stuck it on (paper glue does not work)
seems rather strong.... but I would suggest smearing hot glue on the leading edges of the foam where the cut foam is visible bc it does peel easier than the paper.....

Apis

it works.... I've been rather busy lately..... but the plastic works I sanded it with 100 grit sand paper. used wood glue and stuck it on (paper glue does not work)
seems rather strong.... but I would suggest smearing hot glue on the leading edges of the foam where the cut foam is visible bc it does peel easier than the paper.....

Nice! Do you have pictures? Can't wait for the weight and strength tests!

Apis

pics will come soon my dog got hold of my test samples :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad: so I have to make a sheet or 2 for a seaplane of some sort

Hahahaha. The classic the "dog ate my homework". 🤣

Are you going to sheet one side or two sides? I'm interested in seeing how water resistant this new foamboard(?) ends up being.

Foamboard? Plastic board? Foamsheet? Plastifoam?

You should name this new material if it ends up being a hit!

Apis

Since I proposed the acetate sheets... I'm going to go ahead and take the honor of naming.

Ace board (acetate + foam board)

Let's hope the physical properties match up to the materials excellent name, ha!

Apis

yay i like it.................
p.s. don't steal the credit for the original idea.....:alien:

Ha! The only reward I want is a new easy to match water/impact resistant building material. But I had to give it a name. Ace board was just too sweet of an name!!!