PNut

Artistic Athlete
We live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men. Who's gonna do it? You're wife?! You have a greater responsibility than she could possibly fathom. You weep to become a bachelor again, and you curse the day you lost it. You don't have that luxury anymore, the luxury of knowing what I know. That being a bachelor, does have it's moments, it probably saved my life. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, may save your life. Sure… you don't want the truth, because deep down you don't talk about this stuff at parties.

Well, I'm tell'n you fellas. You want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. Women use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a woman who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather she just said thank you, and went on her way; otherwise, I suggest you pick up a painting, and stand a post.

http://www.exportrait.com

Attachments

• F4 Phantom11.jpg
    F4 Phantom11.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
hmmm . . . an interesting woman-hating misquote of a bold rant from "a few good men".

I'm typically not one to say this, but while I like the picture, I don't quite care for the attitude.

I don't know what any single female did to you to distrespect them so, or how you may have been lead to beleive that "women" are stealing your ability and responsability to protect, but it's beyond unfair to imply that none value it, share in the responsability, or understand honor, code and loyalty.

I've worked and served with too many women who took those seriously to stand by and let you mar their honor, code and loyalty with such flippent slander.

PNut

Artistic Athlete
hmmm . . . an interesting woman-hating misquote of a bold rant from "a few good men".

I'm typically not one to say this, but while I like the picture, I don't quite care for the attitude.

I don't know what any single female did to you to distrespect them so, or how you may have been lead to beleive that "women" are stealing your ability and responsability to protect, but it's beyond unfair to imply that none value it, share in the responsability, or understand honor, code and loyalty.

I've worked and served with too many women who took those seriously to stand by and let you mar their honor, code and loyalty with such flippent slander.

Dear CraftyDan:

1. It's a parody on "A Few Good Men"

2. It has nothing to do with disrespect or slander.

3. It's "Man Cave Humor"

4. We psychologists have a term for those type of responses, "Projection".

5. You sure live up to your handle.

Have a nice day. :)

Scratch

I get your humor, and thought it was funny. I also have tons of respect for women. I still enjoyed the post, got the few Good Men reference and chuckled to myself reading it. I like the creative way you tried to market your products too. I have a man cave. It is one of the last, small, shred of testosterone filled goodness in a house filled with females (people and dogs)

It is my fortress of solitude. It is messy, cluttered, has the smell of gunpowder, solder fumes, and peanut butter (I love peanut butter) Nobody is allowed inside wearing anything pink.

Long live the man cave.

PNut

Artistic Athlete
I get your humor, and thought it was funny. I also have tons of respect for women. I still enjoyed the post, got the few Good Men reference and chuckled to myself reading it. I like the creative way you tried to market your products too. I have a man cave. It is one of the last, small, shred of testosterone filled goodness in a house filled with females (people and dogs)

It is my fortress of solitude. It is messy, cluttered, has the smell of gunpowder, solder fumes, and peanut butter (I love peanut butter) Nobody is allowed inside wearing anything pink.

Long live the man cave.

Hilarious reply Scratch! :applause:

"Long live the man cave." Amen bro.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Dear CraftyDan:

1. It's a parody on "A Few Good Men"

2. It has nothing to do with disrespect or slander.

3. It's "Man Cave Humor"

5. You sure live up to your handle.

While I did get the reference, I will admit I mistook the parody for a rant -- hard to tell a toung-in-cheek remark for serious comments in plain text when you don't know the people involved.

Yes, even after knowing it's a parody, it still rubs me raw, but for the reasons I mentioned above -- I take those words to heart and a part of living them out is standing up for others treated unfairly. To see dishonor heaped on people with honor, while calling others to stand with honor cuts twice.

You intended no offense, so it's my issue with how it's said, not your attitude. I appologize for my mistake.

JasonEricAnderson

Dear CraftyDan:
I'm confused, are you a warbird painting psychologist? Because you do seem capable with the brush. "Imminent Attack" is a beautiful rendition of the the red tail P51. Not sure if you quite got the historically accurate pilot captured in your rendition as it seems to be from the Langley fly over but pretty none the less.

As someone who grew up Navy, while their parent put in a full 20 years of distinguished service all over the globe the psudo-rant-parody came off ... badly. You may want to rework that marketing approach.

By the way it was my mother who was career Navy.

Last edited:

PNut

Artistic Athlete
Retired actually.

Thx for the complement on my art!

p.s. Thank your parents for their distinguished service. Dad was a naval officer in WWII.

PNut

Artistic Athlete
Dear Readers:

It is obvious, some people are offended by my parody.

It has been said, "One man's humour is another man's indignity." (Jerry Lewis?)

Rest assured, it is not my intention to offend.

Personally, I love and respect all women, working in, or out of the home.
Including those who volunteer, and make personal sacrifices to defend our freedoms.

I'm actually heavily involved in human rights, and have been doing so since I started my career.
I've actually been fired for standing up to human rights violations. A fact I am proud of.

Once again, please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Timothy M. Wall
Artistic Athlete
www.exportrait.com

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Timothy,

I see the misunderstanding and for myself, I accept the appology. As I said before, I see you intended no offense.

I'm a strong beleiver in free speech, and personally detest when others attempt to suppress things they don't like -- this freedom goes both ways, so if I see something I feel is wrong, I'll speak out. However, I don't beleive in the universal freedom from offense.

You sir, IMO, are free to say things that I like or detest in public. Here however, the vision is to meet the three "E's" -- entertaining, educating and elevating. When I saw your parody -- not knowing it was that -- I was half tempted to moderate the post because it went against it (While the picture and parody were entertaiing -- "a few good men" was well written -- it was written such to tear someone down, not build people up).

I'm glad I didn't.

I called you out on it instead because you've been around, contributed, and not trolled before. In cases like this, I'd hope others would call someone out too, in a respectful maner. We dont' all have to agree, but we strive to be agreeable around here. Sometimes that takes calling foul and straighening out the misunderstanding, as was the case here.

Taste of the humor aside, I am glad you're here contributing -- you really have done a nice job on the flying bricks -- and I hope you continue to stick around.

PNut

Artistic Athlete
What Medium are You Working With?

Digital Oils.

Corel Painter X3, is so good at duplicating physical oils, I switched over.
The beauty of it is, every print is an original. No mess, smell, clean up, etc.

When looking at one of my paintings, you'd swear it was done with physical paint. That's how far technology has advanced.

By the way, Corel Painter also includes every media you can think of. Chalk, pencil, charcoal, crayon, pastel, marker; even paper textures. Every "brush" can be customized, and saved.

My work is completely done freehand, as with physical media.

IMHO, filtered photos that have the "painting effect" is kindergarten art.
You may have heard of "cloning" or "clone brushes". I never use them. The difference is quite obvious, even to the layperson.

Here's a close up of the paint brush strokes.

Click to open in viewer, then click inside viewer to open separate browser window for best view.:cool:

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40