Master Series Bf-109 Build

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
umm I just googled it and those links came up first it took about 5 seconds..... but your very welcome to that excessive amount of time I spent trying to find that link for you

Sorry.. I didn't know it was that popular.. For my He-115 build, I had to go into the deepest corners of the internet to find one in reasonable quality.

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I'm finalizing the plans in Inkscape, and once I'm done, I'll just have to build it to make sure everything is fitting correctly.
image.png

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I just printed one of the skins out and wrapped it around the existing plane, and it fit like a glove! The skin is absolutely perfect, and the best thing is it takes only ~10 minutes to make each one! I'm definitely using cad from now on. It's great not having to fit the skins.. trim them.. scan them.. and trace them in Inkscape.

I'm almost done finishing the plans in Inkscape, I hust need to do a couple of tweaks to make it easier to build.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I just printed one of the skins out and wrapped it around the existing plane, and it fit like a glove! The skin is absolutely perfect, and the best thing is it takes only ~10 minutes to make each one! I'm definitely using cad from now on. It's great not having to fit the skins.. trim them.. scan them.. and trace them in Inkscape.

I'm almost done finishing the plans in Inkscape, I hust need to do a couple of tweaks to make it easier to build.
Awesome!! I can't wait for that tutorial. ;)

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
I finished the plans! I'm not good at Inkscape, so they're not too good, but if you've built any FliteTest planes before, it won't be bad at all. I really can't make patterns well in Inkscape, so the cutouts and bevels are all just shades (red for hollow out, green for bevel) I haven't tested the plane yet, but if you're eager, I'm sure it will work, it's pretty similar to the other master series planes. I still have to build the final version to make sure everything is correct, but for now, I think it'll work pretty well.

**Dome parts are wrong, these are not the finished plans!**

Attachments

• Finished Plans.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

GrizWiz

Elite member
I finished the plans! I'm not good at Inkscape, so they're not too good, but if you've built any FliteTest planes before, it won't be bad at all. I really can't make patterns well in Inkscape, so the cutouts and bevels are all just shades (red for hollow out, green for bevel) I haven't tested the plane yet, but if you're eager, I'm sure it will work, it's pretty similar to the other master series planes. I still have to build the final version to make sure everything is correct, but for now, I think it'll work pretty well.

**Edit: corrected weird scaling issues**
I can finalize them if you want!

BoredGuy

That was quick, really quick! Is there also a canopy design too? And make sure to post pics when you're done if you build it.

Flyingshark

Master member

There's an extension called Eggbot for making patterns (hatching and cross-hatching, at least...)