Master Series Builds, Past Present and Future.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Hey I made that!

I measured the zero and tried to create it as 1:1 as I could. The other new mighty Minis are all slightly diffrent sizes and I never got around to measuring them up and making thoes versions. Each one appears to be uniquely sized for the plane.
All of the mounts are different sizes and shapes. The corsair firewall is bigger than the zero. and the T-28 and Hellcat all have different shapes!

CappyAmeric

Elite member
@Splinter189 - I am enjoying the build for the C-47 60". I have one thing that perhaps you can steer me in the right direction.

I getting ready to mounting the power pods and nacelles on the wings and cannot find any video clips for that. The Miscellaneous video has a section for building nacelles, and the C-47 Special Features video has a portion for building the top of the nacelles - but nothing for exactly how the power pod attaches. Maybe I missed it.

I have the landing gear kit and with that I am concerned about getting a wonky angle for the power pod. Specifically, does the power pod go mid-point through the cutout on the bottom of the wing, flush with the bottom of the wing, or flush with the top of the wing?

Last edited:

usaserres

Hi,

Anybody knows when the AN-2 and the C47 72" will be released? I think the plan was a release a week or 2 ago but still nothing. Any update would be appreciated!

Splinter189

Master member
@Splinter189 - I am enjoying the build for the C-47 60". I have one thing that perhaps you can steer me in the right direction.

I getting ready to mounting the power pods and nacelles on the wings and cannot find any video clips for that. The Miscellaneous video has a section for building nacelles, and the C-47 Special Features video has a portion for building the top of the nacelles - but nothing for exactly how the power pod attaches. Maybe I missed it.

I have the landing gear kit and with that I am concerned about getting a wonky angle for the power pod. Specifically, does the power pod go mid-point through the cutout on the bottom of the wing, flush with the bottom of the wing, or flush with the top of the wing?

With the power pod installed and the lower half of the engine cell fully built, add a slight bevel to skins so that the assembke fits flush to lower wing skin.

Insert tabs and glue side closest to wing tip first, hold until cool and then do seam towards center.

Next, flip assembly over and run bead of glue where power pod meets upper wing skin.

This process will correctly position power pod 🙂

CappyAmeric

Elite member
With the power pod installed and the lower half of the engine cell fully built, add a slight bevel to skins so that the assembke fits flush to lower wing skin.

Insert tabs and glue side closest to wing tip first, hold until cool and then do seam towards center.

Next, flip assembly over and run bead of glue where power pod meets upper wing skin.

This process will correctly position power pod 🙂
Thank you, John.

Again, thanks for all the very satisfying Master Series masterpieces!

Splinter189

Master member

Attachments

• 20210810_100314.jpg
    20210810_100314.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210810_100256.jpg
    20210810_100256.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

a_hale

Can anybody link to where the plans are for the releases from this year? Particularly the C-54. I've looked everywhere I can think of for it. A club I help run is designing and building a C-54 Skymaster that can drop about 3 dozen candy bars with parachutes for a local organization founded after the "candy bomber" from the Berlin Airlift. I've completed much of the design but it would be convenient to incorporate some tried and true elements.

Also, I've wanted to build an F-16 this summer but have been overwhelmed with designs of a BF-109 and the C-54, so I guess I'll wait until September when John releases plans for his gorgeous build. I want to be prepared so that I know where to go.

Flyingshark

Master member
Can anybody link to where the plans are for the releases from this year? Particularly the C-54. I've looked everywhere I can think of for it. A club I help run is designing and building a C-54 Skymaster that can drop about 3 dozen candy bars with parachutes for a local organization founded after the "candy bomber" from the Berlin Airlift. I've completed much of the design but it would be convenient to incorporate some tried and true elements.

Also, I've wanted to build an F-16 this summer but have been overwhelmed with designs of a BF-109 and the C-54, so I guess I'll wait until September when John releases plans for his gorgeous build. I want to be prepared so that I know where to go.
There are no plans for the C-47/DC-3 right now. Buying the speed build kit is currently your only option.

The way you would get plans, if they were available, is to become a member of the FTCA.