Master Series Corsair

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
not nearly as scary or as bad as video makes it out to be. if you have built a few planes and take your time you will be ok.

we got the wing done and began on the fuselage.

20190302_144743.jpg

20190302_152546.jpg

20190302_154313.jpg

20190302_172144.jpg

20190302_191633.jpg

obviously we didn't finish but will jump back into it tomorrow.

laters,

me :cool:

Attachments

• 20190302_163812.jpg
    20190302_163812.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
not nearly as scary or as bad as video makes it out to be. if you have built a few planes and take your time you will be ok.

we got the wing done and began on the fuselage.

View attachment 125560

View attachment 125569

View attachment 125570

View attachment 125567

View attachment 125568

obviously we didn't finish but will jump back into it tomorrow.

laters,

Frackin' awesome that you guys are already building it, and it looks great! It's also on backorder now. Hmmm. Just how many did you buy? :unsure::p

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
another good night of building. having 4 hands sure helps with this build. not sure i would tackle by myself?

20190304_180839.jpg

i have a ton of more pics i will upload later.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
ya, sorry man. i did not order this, it is Rasterize's and i'm pretty sure he knows a guy... ;).

20190304_185501.jpg

i will second again, this is a great build for you and a buddy. it is not crazy complicated but having the spare hands really does make a big diff.

tips so far;

1- overkill is understated. when you are forming the foam, go more than less, if you over roll it, it can be worked back, if you under roll it, it will fight you the whole way.

2- use tape and give plenty of time to let the glue dry

3- use common sense. if you have built enough FT planes you will see some places that can be done easier.

4- take your time. i'm usually awful about just skipping ahead because "i know what to do" but with this, seriously watch the video, make notes, don't rush ahead assuming you have done this before.

can't wait to finish. Rasterize is coming back over tomorrow @ 3.30 and we should have done by end of night.

he wants a nice scale flyer, me i always go big or go home. it may be his kit, but i am donating the electronics so the plan is;

Propdrive 28-36 910kv and 10x4.5 prop, 60A esc, on a 4S-2200. should be a bullet. :love:

laters,

Splinter189

Master member
ya, sorry man. i did not order this, it is Rasterize's and i'm pretty sure he knows a guy... ;).

View attachment 125699

i will second again, this is a great build for you and a buddy. it is not crazy complicated but having the spare hands really does make a big diff.

tips so far;

1- overkill is understated. when you are forming the foam, go more than less, if you over roll it, it can be worked back, if you under roll it, it will fight you the whole way.

3- use common sense. if you have built enough FT planes you will see some places that can be done easier.

4- take your time. i'm usually awful about just skipping ahead because "i know what to do" but with this, seriously watch the video, make notes, don't rush ahead assuming you have done this before.

can't wait to finish. Rasterize is coming back over tomorrow @ 3.30 and we should have done by end of night.

he wants a nice scale flyer, me i always go big or go home. it may be his kit, but i am donating the electronics so the plan is;

Propdrive 28-36 910kv and 10x4.5 prop, 60A esc, on a 4S-2200. should be a bullet. :love:

laters,

Coming together really nicely! Great job😁😁

Last edited:

JTarmstr

Elite member

View attachment 125699

tips so far;

laters,

Hmmm, so its good to have friends who are in the company? Lol, I was kinda worried because I saw Ben had his built and you had one and I still hadn't even been notified mine shipped.

Casey

My two most favorite US World War II Aircraft were the Douglas SBD Dauntless And the F4U Corsair.. I look forward to Josh finally putting up the plans to the Corsair, but I'm sure it's gonna be a little while while they hope all the people who just can't wait, buy the speed build Kit.. I have to admit, this is my most favorite Flite Test Build so far! So kudos to John Overstreet and the guys at Flitetest... Boy wouldn't it be cool if they released the SBD Dauntless including it's working iconic five piece dive flap?

View attachment 125540

OMG I would die. I also LOVE the Dauntless, it has always been one of my favorite planes and I talk about it at length whenever the subject of warplanes comes up. My very first model airplane was a balsa former and stringer model of the Dauntless. I knew that plane backwards and forwards. It seems to me that with this Master technique, it would be possible to make the dive brakes. What a brilliant idea!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Not a lot done as far as assembly but did finish a lot of details.

i designed and printed control horns to accept a little larger gauge wire since we are using monster, metal geared servos. i also designed a new firewall to accept my bigger 28-36 motor. the rest of the time i spent getting the aileron servo's set and ready.

firewall can be had HERE

the plane has now gone with Rasterize to go to paint.

20190305_170223.jpg

plan is to have painted tomorrow, finish assembly on thursday/friday and maiden on saturday.

i have to say, this is a cool plane. i am pretty excited to fly it.

laters,

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sneak peak @ power pod setup.

need to solder up leads on ESC but 3D printed firewall is perfect. the x-mount would not fit on the FT firewall so i used the inner mounts to bolt up. this eliminated x-mount. i am the using the longest, 3mm bolts that come with the F-pack motor to mount.

20190305_200104.jpg

i think it should have plenty of get up and go... :unsure::LOL::devilish:.

can't wait to see the paint job/decals Rasterize comes up with. (y)

Arcfyre

Elite member
I thought you were planning on using a 28-36 motor? That one looks bigger. Not that I'm complaining. I love the propdrive series motors.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Yea, 'cause this is one that I would pick up a speed build kit and they've been sold out for awhile now... :mad:

I pre-ordered mine and still have not received a notification for shipping. And yes, I might be a bit impatient, but i really want this one :p