Master Series Corsair

moret

The corsair is a great looking plane👍The master series definitely looks like the FT guys make it look easier than it really is for most people though. I may experiment with a couple techniques on some small rounded components on my builds using their style of curving,but don't see myself getting too into those techniques any time soon. I'm just starting to get good at A folds and design better fuselages using more basic methods. I agree somewhat with the sentiment of others, FT should develop a build and fly difficulty rating for all their planes. When I was new and saw the Nutball they sort of touted it as a beginner plane, and it definitely is for building, but flying,it's at least an intermediate level.

IF you look on the plans, you see a difficulty rating.
This is from the master corsair
1559232810353.png

This is the simple scout
1559232899532.png

I not saying they are on all, but I think they have a rating on each plan I have used

Vimana89

Legendary member
IF you look on the plans, you see a difficulty rating.
This is from the master corsair
View attachment 132520

This is the simple scout
View attachment 132521

I not saying they are on all, but I think they have a rating on each plan I have used
Nice. They should have that on all of em, even a speed build kit or whatever, and put itwhere it's easy to see.If the Scout's a two to build and fly, I wonder what a one is. For build, probably Nutball...definitely not fly.

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Nice. They should have that on all of em, even a speed build kit or whatever, and put itwhere it's easy to see.If the Scout's a two to build and fly, I wonder what a one is. For build, probably Nutball...definitely not fly.
I have seen it on almost all the plans. I don't think they have a 1 not, even the Tiny Trainer.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Here's the next quarantine project. Included in the video are pictures of the build plus a long, boring, uneventful maiden flight- just the way I like it! You'll be able to spot where I put the cowling on upside down, but was able to hide it with the checkerboard cowling paint job.

I'm loving these Master Series planes as a way to cope with being stuck at home for weeks on end. I'm very grateful to John Overstreet, Dan Sponholz, and a bunch of other people at Flite Test who I don't know but who've given me something to do at home for hours. Also the mods by Cadmantim are awesome, especially the removable wing. Anybody who wants to build a Corsair should check out his handiwork on Youtube. Much obliged to you all... now, on to the P-38!

Quinnyperks

Legendary member
My two most favorite US World War II Aircraft were the Douglas SBD Dauntless And the F4U Corsair.. I look forward to Josh finally putting up the plans to the Corsair, but I'm sure it's gonna be a little while while they hope all the people who just can't wait, buy the speed build Kit.. I have to admit, this is my most favorite Flite Test Build so far! So kudos to John Overstreet and the guys at Flitetest... Boy wouldn't it be cool if they released the SBD Dauntless including it's working iconic five piece dive flap?
You could probably modify a Corsair to make that.

FlyerFry77

Did you all have to add a fair amount of weight to the nose to get it to balance at 2" back from the leading edge? With a 3s, 2600mAh pack, I need about 4oz stuck to the firewall which seems excessive for a small plane. Thoughts?

shadeyB

Legendary member
Did you all have to add a fair amount of weight to the nose to get it to balance at 2" back from the leading edge? With a 3s, 2600mAh pack, I need about 4oz stuck to the firewall which seems excessive for a small plane. Thoughts?
No pilot sorry , mine balanced just fine
are you balancing it upside down

Attachments

• EC3CDCD1-8D93-4469-AFB9-299904C46BD6.jpeg
    EC3CDCD1-8D93-4469-AFB9-299904C46BD6.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0