Master Series De havilland Mosquito Build Thread

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Hey everyone,
This will be my design thread for a twin C pack De Havilland Mosquito, using master series techniques. I chose to do the Mossie because I've love the way they look, I've always thought that the twin fighter bombers/light bombers to be some of the sweetest planes, and I think it was really cool that De Havilland made a wooden framed aircraft at a time when everyone was building metal planes. I haven't seen many British birds coming out of @Splinter189 's workshop so I'm hoping I'm not stepping on his toes.
So far I've only made the nose cone to test a few things out. I think I overdid it a little, I think I'm going to end up restarting the part and use fewer "segments" Right now I want to get the hardest part out of the way which will be the nacelles, they have a very unique shape that will be difficult, and rewarding;) to make.
IMG_20200112_195930228.jpg

Last edited:

Splinter189

Master member
Hi all,
This will be my design thread for a twin C pack De Havilland Mosquito, using master series techniques. I chose to do the Mossie because I've love the way they look, I've always thought that the twin fighter bombers/light bombers to be some of the sweetest planes, and I think it was really cool that De Havilland made a wooden framed aircraft at a time when everyone was building metal planes. I haven't seen many British birds coming out of @Splinter189 's workshop so I'm hoping I'm not stepping on his toes.
So far I've only made the nose cone to test a few things out. I think I overdid it a little, I think I'm going to end up restarting the part and use fewer "segments" Right now I want to get the hardest part out of the way which will be the nacelles, they have a very unique shape that will be difficult, and rewarding;) to make.
View attachment 154364
Lol, I actually been slowly building a 60 "mosquito for a while. It sure isn't stepping on my toes, I absolutely love seeing what people build. Will be watching this 😁😁

BS projects inc.

Elite member
awsome project! one thing to keep in mind with the mosquito is that the tail is going to need to be REALLY lightweight. Much like WW1 airplanes, the weight of the engine made up a much larger percentage of the total flying weight, so the engines were not too far ahead of the CG point. Electric motors are much lighter than the rest of the plane, so they won't have as much authority over the CG compared to the full scale plane, so keep your tail light!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
awsome project! one thing to keep in mind with the mosquito is that the tail is going to need to be REALLY lightweight. Much like WW1 airplanes, the weight of the engine made up a much larger percentage of the total flying weight, so the engines were not too far ahead of the CG point. Electric motors are much lighter than the rest of the plane, so they won't have as much authority over the CG compared to the full scale plane, so keep your tail light!
See @Grifflyer I told you so!!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Thanks!! I already plan of shorting the tail a little bit and shifting the wing back slightly.