Master Series P-40

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Time to start building!

A pile of parts:

View attachment 211025

Now for the wing:

View attachment 211026 View attachment 211027

I never realized when I was designing this plane, but it's huge! I guess you can't tell until you actually build it in real life. I really like having the ailerons as seperate pieces from the wings. It allows you to use better hinges and also looks a lot cleaner. THe little tabs sticking out the back gave me a lot of trouble. You have to bevel the entire thing, so It's tricky to do it without bending them and creasing the foamboard.

Some pics of the spot where the ailerons go:

View attachment 211041 View attachment 211042

I had to add some scrap foam to the back of the wing to keep it from bending and warping. Nice and easy, but it works a treat!

View attachment 211043
Looking good

Slamador

Time to start building!

A pile of parts:

View attachment 211025

Now for the wing:

View attachment 211026 View attachment 211027

I never realized when I was designing this plane, but it's huge! I guess you can't tell until you actually build it in real life. I really like having the ailerons as seperate pieces from the wings. It allows you to use better hinges and also looks a lot cleaner. THe little tabs sticking out the back gave me a lot of trouble. You have to bevel the entire thing, so It's tricky to do it without bending them and creasing the foamboard.

Some pics of the spot where the ailerons go:

View attachment 211041 View attachment 211042

I had to add some scrap foam to the back of the wing to keep it from bending and warping. Nice and easy, but it works a treat!

View attachment 211043
nice work!
What’s the wingspan?

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
Wow 😲 It’s gonna be a big bird. When the plans are released I think I might scale it down a bit for it to fit in my car 😆. Still excited though

Yeah, the way I've done it, it should be easily modified to have a removable wing. I just finished up the fuselage, and I think some areas are in need of a redesign. The tail and the hatch need to be made differently so they are easier to build correctly.

Slamador

The FT Mini P-40 has a square nose.......That's a no-go for me.

:cautious:
Even with a spinner on?
E5991368-AFB5-49A7-81C6-0DA832830712.jpeg