Help! Master Series P51, prop size

kinch

I did a maiden flight on the MS P51 and it flew like it was way under powered. I used a C motor with a 10x4.5 prop that they sent with motor.
What size prop are you guys using?
Thinking of trying a 11x4.7SF

kinch

new radial FT 2218-1180 V1 "C" pack
TATTU 2300 45C 4S
FT 35A ESC

I have been flying the FT 3D with the same motor, on 3S 2200mAh, 10x4.5 prop and it flies great.

kinch

It flew but would barely climb, can't do a loop.
Using CG 3" in front of the scoop (the part that touches the fuselage, not the part that would touch the ground).

Timmy

Legendary member
Is you're prop backwards? Probably not because it flies but worth a look I guess?

kinch

no, it was forward. I flew it twice for about 7 minutes. Broke the prop so not on right now.

Just curious what prop everyone is using.

w1lp33

Wierd. On my master mustang I fly the FT Radial with a 9x4.5 on a 4S 2200, and I've easily got enough power to do loops at half throttle. That's very strange that your's was so underpowered.

kinch

i am at a loss, weight is only 20g more than the plans say.
Wierd. On my master mustang I fly the FT Radial with a 9x4.5 on a 4S 2200, and I've easily got enough power to do loops at half throttle. That's very strange that your's was so underpowered.
...wait, you said 9x4.5, did you mean 10x4.5

mrJv

I maidened mine on 4S 2200mAh, 11x5 prop, 2628 1200kv Turnigy motor. Underpowered, level flight at 75% throttle, burned the motor after 5 minutes :(
But mine is about 1300g AUW... Very heavy foamboard
I am currently taking suggestions for a big enough motor :)