"Master Series" style Cessna 195

The Fopster

Master member
also if wants wheelpants.. big enough spoons can be used.
I did an Instagram vote on the wheelpants. The internet said no! I'd done one in foamboard - I'm going to look for spoons!

IMG_20200621_204402506.jpg IMG_20200621_204336417.jpg

CapnBry

Elite member
The wing on this one has a foamboard box structure that slots into a frame in the fuse. Two BBQ skewers then pass through the side to lock it in place. Seems to work pretty well (so far!)
Oh Awesome! That's a cool idea. I've been looking for some alternate ideas because I find rubber bands to be a bit of a pain to strap in sometimes when it is a bit windy and the ground is wet or if I am just being clumsy and PKEW rubber band goes flying. Rubber bands are great in that the wing can absorb a little impact and even break away in a crash, but I'd prefer something a little quicker to assemble and am willing to potentially try sacrificing some durability for it.

The Fopster

Master member
Oh Awesome! That's a cool idea. I've been looking for some alternate ideas because I find rubber bands to be a bit of a pain to strap in sometimes when it is a bit windy and the ground is wet or if I am just being clumsy and PKEW rubber band goes flying. Rubber bands are great in that the wing can absorb a little impact and even break away in a crash, but I'd prefer something a little quicker to assemble and am willing to potentially try sacrificing some durability for it.
Here's a couple of photos that may explain it. The first photo is the box structure glued to the wing, and the second one is the box sitting in the matching fuselage structure before it was glued to the wing. Seems to work...

IMG_20200613_213222399.jpg IMG_20200613_205936078.jpg

The Fopster

Master member
Resurrecting a dead thread by resurrecting a dead plane! I saw my Cessna in the back of the garage last week. I never really got it finished properly. There are two problems I think – first there have been some crashes where the servos seem to fail in flight, and second, I was a very new pilot and didn’t really know what was happening.
So I decided to dig it out and try and fix things. Electrical issue I think was a faulty ESC that wasn’t supplying power to the servos reliably. A new ESC fixed that. A test flight showed that it was now reliable, and flew pretty nicely in a scale sort of a way.
Now onto fixing the construction problems. The landing gear isn’t strong enough, and I will need to beef it up. I also wasn’t very happy with the cowl. I decided to fix that by looking for a 3-D printed model, and I found one to purchase on CG trader. After some editing to separate the cowl from the rest of the plane, the 3-D print looks great. Need to figure out the best way to mount it and have an accessible battery hatch, but it will be worth the effort I think.
The Cessna lives to fly another day!
4A629937-C228-4170-9B45-79F8C2BEAED5.jpeg
17886220-8E57-47D6-83E2-613A2ABF8935.jpeg

The Fopster

Master member
The Cessna now has beefed up undercarriage and the cowl is painted. It can now take off from the ground and even lend without nosing over if I’m really lucky. It looks pretty nice flying gently past - pleased that this one has had a good ending. A few final details to finish and then I just need some calm summer evenings!
0B93D8F8-DE55-4D74-8C9B-A7954202E4B2.jpeg
F7EC6561-B15A-446D-9371-6416191A6D9B.jpeg