Masterwork series

PaulK

Ive tried making all 3 of the masterwork plans and noticed something. It seems some of the pieces are the wrong size.For example I started building the P 38 and the bottom wing is longer than the top. Also the formers are either too big or too small to fit where they’re supposed to. When I print out the plans and make templates on posterboard I don’t change them and trace them out exactly on the black line. Would anyone know why im having this problem?

Spacefarer

This is actually the case for some of the formers, but make sure you aren't printing directly from the browser pdf first, because it might resize some stuff. For the cases that are actual source problems, sponz has been going back and making changes to version 1.1 of whichever model has that problem. One of them has been solved already, but if you find a problem that isn't known, you should tell him.
P-47 Addendum https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-p-47-v1-0-addendum.84/

PaulK

This is actually the case for some of the formers, but make sure you aren't printing directly from the browser pdf first, because it might resize some stuff. For the cases that are actual source problems, sponz has been going back and making changes to version 1.1 of whichever model has that problem. One of them has been solved already, but if you find a problem that isn't known, you should tell him.
P-47 Addendum https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-p-47-v1-0-addendum.84/
I’ve printed all the original designs from flite test and never had this problem

MiniacRC

@PaulK
Don't know about the wings, but for formers and molds in general, I've had the same problem when trying to design my own mini swappable aircraft (especially due to the larger relative thickness of the foam to the characteristic size of the planes). If I tune the tolerance so the planes build perfectly with a lasercut kit, the molds don't wrap all the way around when my friends handcut the same plans (properly), since the laser slightly melts the edges and makes the formers slightly smaller than the plans say they are.
To alleviate this issue, what I do is design the molds to be slightly larger than necessary, so that regardless of which way you cut them out, you custom trim the piece down to meet mated when wrapped around the formers. That might be very difficult for a master series plane though due to the size of the pieces. I don't know if FT can create an all-in-one solution to this, like maybe offsetting lines carefully in their laser files to match a typical handcutter's stroke. @Splinter189