Max battery weight on Bat Bone 370

ctoler93

This is my first quad copter/fpv/autonomous build, with that being said, I do have alot of RC experience in the gasser area so I'm not very experienced in batteries and lenght of flight according to mah, etc, etc.

could you guys stear me in the right direction of a battery that will last quite a bit flight time with the bat bone recommended electronics and still fly nice (weight considered)?

thanks!!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Go for something between a 2200 and 3000 mAh battery with a C rating of at least 25. This should give you decent flight time and give you plenty of headroom for current. 2200 will be lighter and more agile, 3000 will make flights longer. Monitor pack voltage somehow while flying (alarm, telemetry) so you don't take the pack voltage too low and these batteries should have a nice long life.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
For reference - I have built my Bat Bone exceeding their capabilities. The DT750 motors that I use are way too heavy for the FT parts. The Bat Bone holds up nicely though.

I once flew with two 2200mAh 3S in paralell. Can't say about flight time because it ended prematurely due to my noobiness, but it did fly and the Bat Bone held up well in the air.

Tip: Do not do what I did. Do not exceed 45 grams for each motor. The yaw mech will break easily. If you stay under 45 grams for the motor, and the batteries that xuzme recommended, you should be fine :)

ctoler93

will this battery work? I'm running a 1500mw 900mhz FPV setup and APM 2.5
Spec.
Minimum Capacity: 3000mAh
Configuration: 3S1P / 11.1v / 3Cell
Constant Discharge: 20C
Peak Discharge (10sec): 30C
Pack Weight: 253g
Pack Size: 147x 46x 18
Charge Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT-4mm

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That one should work fine as long as you are below 60amps at full throttle. I know it will handle 90 amps for 10 seconds, but if you keep it well within the upper limit, your equipment will last longer and stay cooler.