Max safe Payload for a FT Storch

Jester109

I'm building my second FT Storch first one had a ESC failure and crashed hard. Anyway I'm looking at a payload drop system to drop colored chalk or maybe confetti for a pep rally for my son's football team. Just trying to figure out what the max safe weight would be around so I can figure out my options. The confetti is much lighter but the chalk would make a better display I think. I even looked in to smoke pots but not sure i like the idea of a burning smoke bomb on m foam plane. Planning on mounting the drop pod directly under the CG so flight characteristics arnt effected as bad with the change in weight from loaded to dropped. Thanks for any help

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure what the maximum is but I think 1 pound is possible. A lot will depend on your power system. I find it's always best to start small and work you way up.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to be flying near a crowd, safety first. A lot will depend on the location. Defiantly don't fly over the crowd.

Reactions: FDS

Jester109

I'm not sure what the maximum is but I think 1 pound is possible. A lot will depend on your power system. I find it's always best to start small and work you way up.

I'm not sure it is a good idea to be flying near a crowd, safety first. A lot will depend on the location. Defiantly don't fly over the crowd.
All the spectators will be at least 50yds away from flight path and I have more then 300yd on each of the 3 other sides with nothing but empty fields. I wouldn't even consider this if there was any doubt to doing it safely

I have carried 1lb in a Guinea Pig which has about the same wing area. I carried 3lbs in a 120% Guinea... I bet it would have done 4lbs. Was running C Pack in the 100% plane on 4s. Running PowerDrive 3536 on the 120% on 4s.