MC Mini Sport 30"

MC Mini Sport 30" v1.0

Please log in to download
Monte.C submitted a new resource:

MC Mini Stick 30" - a little "trainer stick" of my own design

Simple build, great flier, great for a trainer or customize any way you want.

30" wingspan
1806-2280 motor
850 3S
4 channel

View attachment 177526 View attachment 177527 View attachment 177528 View attachment 177529

View attachment 177530

View attachment 177531

Read more about this resource...

I'm still figuring out how this forum works! I posted a build thread, then I find that if you post plans the forum posts a thread automatically.​

To find more info about this build and a video,
----------> the first build thread is HERE. <----------

Last edited:

Drunkz

Dear Monte C.,

i have downloaded your full tile planes and cut it out of foam. but my wings do not look like the wings on your photos. can take a look at you plans if you have the wings right?
thx for looking and greetings from austria
IMG_20200918_170119.jpg

bjoern

Last edited:
Dear Monte C.,

i have downloaded your full tile planes and cut it out of foam. but my wings do not look like the wings on your photos. can take a look at you plans if you have the wings right?
thx for looking and greetings from austrian
bjoern
Hi @Drunkz, I just checked again and everything looks right from here. Could you share a photo of what you've built?

Dear Monte C.

after reprinting your plan...:eek:
i am sorry
will start my second build now
thx
Now I see the photo you shared. I think you edited your post, and so it didn't show up in my feed. Next time make it a new reply to the thread and I'll see it.

Oh boy that's what I was afraid of. The image you downloaded was just a snapshot from the CAD work. There's a downloadable pdf on the thread that represents the finished template. Good luck!

I'm still figuring out how this forum works! I posted a build thread, then I find that if you post plans the forum posts a thread automatically.
To find more info about this build and a video,
--> the first build thread is HERE. <--

CraftyPilot

Do you have a non-tiled version of the plans?
I would like to modify them slightly and the single sheets are a pain to work with.

Sincerely,
Sven

Oh that's a very clean build.
My head is saying "Well look at that. You draw it that way and that's what they build..." :LOL:

You might want to try a bamboo skewer to reinforce the trailing edge of the wing where the rubber bands are. You can split one in half, remove a notch of foam and glue it in there.

Here's one before I sanded it flush.
IMG_1134.JPG

CraftyPilot

Hey that looks great! Looks gentle. How does it feel in the air?

Fantastic end to your video - Plane goes offscreen, awesome crash can be heard... :D

There was no real crash and the plane is completely fine and was caught by a wire fence behind. It flies pretty docile but if you give it the beans it does rolls, loops and inverted flying without a problem. I do need to adjust the thrust angle since it pitches up a bit when increasing the throttle.

There was no real crash and the plane is completely fine and was caught by a wire fence behind. It flies pretty docile but if you give it the beans it does rolls, loops and inverted flying without a problem. I do need to adjust the thrust angle since it pitches up a bit when increasing the throttle.
That's great to hear.
I'm too chicken to try inverted yet. ;)
I set my thrust angles to 2-3 degrees right, 5 degrees down. That seemed like it would be too much down angle but it turned out just right.
Glad it works for you!