McGoogle Projects

Inconel and or thinner wire. Or a red, infrared In series on the negative end of the string maybe even two paralleled reds.

You do realize you're making me remember stuff from the last century

Goop? You're a follower of jennifer anniston or is that a generic name for something possibly very interesting? I can't think of anything commercially available that would be super toxic and strong.

Glad you passed the miscreant test. Next up, the dog fetch after stomping all over then chewing.

Actually Piotrsko, the majority of this hobby is composed of the older generation, and most of the time I hear about it, usually accompanied by a condescending and discrediting tone! Thank you for holding any irrelevant wisdom at bay. As a life-long devotee to this hobby, obsessive to the point that most hours during the day every day are spent on it, one way or another, it becomes tiring to hear from men who tell me about the same planes and stories from back in the day, over, and over, and over, and over again. I may have not been doing this since the 70's but I have been spending every waking moment since the 90's and logged more flight and build time than guys born in the 40's and 30's.. that's no exaggeration either!

UV-Resistant Goop Adhesive: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BQUI7S/?tag=lstir-20

The other 'Goop' thing is actually Gwyneth Paltrow, not Jennifer Aniston.. Either way, I don't recommend the ladies use this stuff for anything lady related, although its debatable whether or not it is more or less toxic than some of those makeup products from what I've heard!

The stuff will melt foam board, EPS, and some other things I'm sure and without a lot of ventilation you'll wind up with one hell of a headache, but it sticks like crazy to just about anything it doesn't melt. Some guys get real crazy and thin it out with more solvent, either toluene or xylene, or if you're using e-6000 which is similar to goop I think it can be thinned with mineral spirits which are supposedly less toxic but I doubt it. MSDS sheets are one thing and stinky fumes actively frying brain cells is another! I trust my instincts and senses over the data...

I did think about adding red/infrared as a resistor but then how could I stop red (dont have infrared at the moment) from actually emitting light? I only want the blue and yellow colors.

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
Well you did say you weren't interested in getting a VOM, so I'm recalling my ancient tube style airforce electronics theory from the 1970s. Shrink tube over the red led, black tape or even black sharpie and it doesn't need to be exposed or even near the lit string, just somewhere in the circuit.

Goop appears to be a version of solvent modified butyl contact adhesive, thanks. Not sure if it isn't something I used to buy before everyone got all environmental. If you dont eat it, shouldn't be THAT toxic but I did this back in the day so I may not have any functional brain cells left. Nitrate dope on aircraft fabric......

Last edited:
Well you did say you weren't interested in getting a VOM, so I'm recalling my ancient tube style airforce electronics theory from the 1970s. Shrink tube over the red led, black tape or even black sharpie and it doesn't need to be exposed or even near the lit string, just somewhere in the circuit.

Goop appears to be a version of solvent modified butyl contact adhesive, thanks. Not sure if it isn't something I used to buy before everyone got all environmental. If you dont eat it, shouldn't be THAT toxic but I did this back in the day so I may not have any functional brain cells left. Nitrate dope on aircraft fabric......

hmm, setting aside the awful circumstance that might arise from not getting environmental... according to whoever, or whatever

I like stuff to smell nice. I like the smell of the ocean, trees. Fresh air is good, prevents headaches! Teslas smell good, and they're fast. They don't wake me up in the middle of the night either. Solar panels are cool you can take them anywhere -- and things like lighter than air travel, electric planes, etc. all sound dandy. If we put more faith in alternative ways to thrive, believe in our ability to invent and improve technology, might find that we make it past certain complaints, over certain hurdles, get the best of both worlds, make everybody happy. Another example is chicken nuggets. I don't know about you, but I'm finding that the fake chicken nuggets are tastier and have a better texture, while quality control and consistency is off the charts. Same experience every time, no gristle! We'll likely have better luck further improving fake chickens than attempting to improve real chickens as well, so, so far as faux meat goes - the sky is the limit. I still go wild over a good tri-tip though, hasn't been beat yet.

Now I can't claim to be some environmental hero at all. I drive a gas car and I make hundreds of planes out of E.P.P which is entirely non-biodegradable, live in a small apartment instead of an "earth ship" and wouldn't hesitate to hop on a rocket for a trip to nowhere in outer space, leaving a trail of flatulent pollution on my way out.

That being said, looking into the future, instead of the past is the best way to go I think. Certainly might help to be less reliant on fossil fuels in the event that, I don't know, another country that has a hand in providing them decided to threaten the world with nuclear weapons..

I started a new job the other day I'm hoping to get one or two CNC machines running shortly!

Last edited: