Melted firewall

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Also, use the reinforced packing tape across the front of the fire wall, down the sides of the pod.

Reactions: CPJ

CPJ

38A497AD-BC48-44F2-AB5C-4612C8217407.jpeg
Well, she flew till *I* said it was time to stop! Got cocky and did two loops. No crash. Landed it....vigorously. Rates were set at 50%, my first time with that feature. It didn’t flair like it had before. Decided to try again. Went full rate....Landed better, but caught the prop. I had drilled some holes in the FW to help with cooling. And it did. Wasn’t as cool as I want, but a lot better. But when I was drilling those holes I cracked the FW. Figured it was on borrowed time, and it was. But I don’t care. I flew 10 minutes.

CPJ

I have 4 5x3 props coming, cheap enough to have extras on hand. Got from amazon, hobby king was going to take a few weeks on the slow boat from China. Grabbed another battery, and some battery checkers/low alarms. I flew for 10 minutes, and that was about all it had. gonna need a spare battery or 5.
Now to force myself to draw a new firewall in ConFusion 360 and 3d print it. I hate that software, not because its bad, but because I pretty well suck at using it. Im a bolt crap together and make a prototype kind of guy before I make something for real. My idea of CAD is Cardboard Aided Design. But, the robot speaks computer language. So I must draw it.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I have 4 5x3 props coming, cheap enough to have extras on hand. Got from amazon, hobby king was going to take a few weeks on the slow boat from China. Grabbed another battery, and some battery checkers/low alarms. I flew for 10 minutes, and that was about all it had. gonna need a spare battery or 5.
Now to force myself to draw a new firewall in ConFusion 360 and 3d print it. I hate that software, not because its bad, but because I pretty well suck at using it. Im a bolt crap together and make a prototype kind of guy before I make something for real. My idea of CAD is Cardboard Aided Design. But, the robot speaks computer language. So I must draw it.

Try Tinkercad, I use it for a ton of stuff . Very easy to use .

Reactions: CPJ

CPJ

Try Tinkercad, I use it for a ton of stuff . Very easy to use .
I’ve tried it a time or two, but never got the hang of it. Fusion is a real cad/cam program, so there’s value to me in learning it. Not saying TC won’t handle 99% of what I do, but if I have to be stuck behind a computer I want to learn something that may be more beneficial later on. I may draw something I want CNC machined. I can just email and file and away we go. Although, as I’m posting while waiting for my old worn out laptop to reboot because Fusion pretty much locked it up..Tinker Cad is looking more attractive for the simple things I do....
I have to use a computer at work. So I despise working on one at home. That’s why I enjoy my manual mill and lathe. No computers. Just me turning handles.

CPJ

6DEE4456-F7B5-4A13-B9DB-77C2D1D583F1.jpeg
F7372180-27CF-4890-84B7-E69014A63399.jpeg
Did a little Confusion 360 work. It is not pretty, but it works. The vent holes are not lined up as nice as I wanted them to be, and I figured out why after several revisions. No matter, Im not changing it till I test it later this week. I played with the design so that the screws that come with this particular motor are perfectly flush on the inside of the motor. Not too long, and 100% thread engagement.
After staring at it just now, I could build the angle into the motor plate instead of the power pod. Hmmmm. Meh.

Wildthing

Legendary member
View attachment 133210 Did a little Confusion 360 work. It is not pretty, but it works. The vent holes are not lined up as nice as I wanted them to be, and I figured out why after several revisions. No matter, Im not changing it till I test it later this week. I played with the design so that the screws that come with this particular motor are perfectly flush on the inside of the motor. Not too long, and 100% thread engagement.
After staring at it just now, I could build the angle into the motor plate instead of the power pod. Hmmmm. Meh.

Put a little blue loc-tite on the screws.

CPJ

Well ladies gentlemen, I offer you all many thanks.
I placed the 5x3 prop on my plane this evening, and ran it on the bench for 16 plus minutes. The motor never got above slightly warm. Throttle was varied from slow to pinned but mainly left about mid point. Now if the weather will play nice, I’ll be able to try the new setup.