Member location finder?

Hasersys

Hello, I am new to the site, but I have been browsing it for quiet a while now. I was wondering if anyone in my area was a member of the site, and at the moment I do not believe there is a way to check other than looking at members information. Would it be possible to add some sort of member locator in the future? I have a .40 ugly stick that I haven't flown in years. this site has basically shown me the way into Quadcopters, and I am wondering if there is anyone els in my area from the site. Just a thought I had. I wouldn't mind meeting up with other local Flitetest members. The site is amazing. I find myself checking it more than my email..

Hasersys

On one of my motorcycle forums they had a map as you have described. It was nice when you needed to find help, or special tools. :) Some thing like that would be nice. I guess it would have to be an optional thing for the people that are not wanting to be found. I do not completely remember but I think on my motorcycle forum it was seperate from the forum all together.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Google maps has that feature but i think everyone has to put their flag on the map and someone has to make a flitetest group and stick the link on the forum header somewhere.

Bbjen

I may be too careful but not everyone here is 18yrs old. Giving a position on a map would not be my idea of a safe web.

Hasersys

Google maps has that feature but i think everyone has to put their flag on the map and someone has to make a flitetest group and stick the link on the forum header somewhere.

I think that is what we had on the motorcycle forum I am on.

I may be too careful but not everyone here is 18yrs old. Giving a position on a map would not be my idea of a safe web.
Yup, thats why in the 4th post down I suggested it be an option. Not everyone wants to be found. :)

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Giving your address is not the same as showing where in the world you live like country/state region. It is a lot more easy to help someone asking a question if you know where they live. A pin on the map showing your flying field is not a bad idea.
Take a look at this
http://www.freewebs.com/propellerhead/index_google.htm
modelfields.png

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
In the mean time we can just start a thread for it, add your self and repost.

Ak Flyer - Valdez Alaska United States

or

Ak Flyer - U.S.A. - Alaska - Valdez