Mentor needed to do :r/c basics for dummies mentoring

Slow crash

I'm new to much of r/c and totally new to the newer 2.4ghz radio systems and anything electric really. Glow power ,simple old school am/fm 2and 3 channel (rudder,elevator and sometimes throttle but never ailerons.
Basically need a lot of questions answered by someone that kinda knows his/her stuff.
I'm needing to move on to more modern r/c

P.s. I'm really qualified to crash anything that flies.I've Forrest gump'd quite a few cool looking stunts just by trying to keep it in the air.

Slow crash

I I suppose I should be a bit more specific, mostly I'm interested in fixed wing aircraft at this point.

I'd love to see flight test offer a fokker DR1 in about a 20"span with the undercambered(Ibelieve it's called) wing design to keep it a bit stable at low speeds for the rookies like me.

Crazy Goats

Welcome to the forum! I would love to design you a DR1 but sadly I don't know how.:(
Maybe you could find someone in your area to talk and buddy box with?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
There are plenty of design / build resources here on the forums to draw knowledge from. All that is needed is to ask. Presenting something you have started will rally more help if you show it here I am sure. Many people will follow a build and end up answering questions and throw in ideas to help along the way just to participate and watch the project progress.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I I suppose I should be a bit more specific, mostly I'm interested in fixed wing aircraft at this point.

I'd love to see flight test offer a fokker DR1 in about a 20"span with the undercambered(Ibelieve it's called) wing design to keep it a bit stable at low speeds for the rookies like me.

As already mentioned by others here the members of the forum will generally be quite happy to help where they can to guide you on the path of current RC Fixed wing.

Your choice of aircraft is interesting as I have a special interest in WWI Fokker aircraft with my Fokker EIV (46" Wingspan) nearing completion. As for the DR1 there are a myriad of designs across the wider web though 20" seems more suited to some of the depron designs. with a 20" wingspan the undercamber will be formed by the bending of a single sheet or layer of the wing material or using a wing material which is very thin:confused:

I do hope to have a complete hangar of Fokker designs in the future with my final entry being a copy of the single wing Fokker DVII which was used to evaluate the wing structure and performance for the later Fokker DVIII.

Just post how we can help you!:black_eyed: