Mentor nomination thread.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Awesome !!! :applause: Congratz Sean your efforts and help have paid off. Keep up the awesome things you are doing and we will have many more happy fliers as we move forward.

Wing Nut

"dkj4linux" has been a real inspiration and help to many members of the forum in his expertise in cutting DTFB with a needle. He is such a supportive mentor and I am happy to recognize him.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I couldn't agree more

I think its time to smack Electrisean and Hai-Lee both with the green labels. Both have been very active and steady aid to people. They deserve the recognition for their efforts.
I missed the activity here but glad to have found it.

Excellent nomination Bill and definitely earned titles. L

Congratulations to both and also thank you both along with our superb collection of Mentors who really are the ones who bring substance to the forum and share it so generously.

Bravo Zulu!

mrf

Hai-Lee

Although he's a little newer on the forums than many of the other mentors, he has been amazingly helpful to so many people since he found us. Can't tell you how many times I see him as one of the first couple responses with well thought out, helpful, and encouraging information delivered in a friendly fashion.

I'd like to nominate Hai-Lee too. I think he's responded to every question I've posted and the answers have always been thorough and insightful. He's a great asset to these forums.

PS: And he's 'strayan. Aussie Aussie Aussie!

RCdiy

RCdiy
I want to thank the Flite Test family for keeping me in the hobby! I love how FT is all about fun. When there is a crash it is fun... I nearly left the hobby but won't go into details in the spirit of staying positive:) Watching your YouTube videos has reminded me that there are fun people in the hobby and those are the people I will hangout out with!

I appreciate what you have created here and thank you for it:)

This year will be my first Flite Fest and am looking forward to it. If you seem my yellow shirt with an RCdiy or Hike For Happines logo come say hello:)

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
In your next round of Mentor appointments I would recommend that you consider rockyboy for such an honor. His knowledge, helpfulness and energy have improved more then anyone else I have observed.

Definitely already mentoring more effectively than most!

Just a thought!

Have fun!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I will second, third AND fourth the motion to get Rockboy a green tag. After working with him last year on the Caudron project and now after meeting him at FFE17 as well as getting to work with him on this years project I can say on a personal level that "He da MAN" Great person in real life! Always willing to share and help people here and if we can break him of that whole forgetting to add rudders to his plans thing I think he is well deserving to be a mentor because he is and has already been one for a long time now.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Thank you gentlemen! I do warmly shake your (virtual) hand in thanks for your kind words and confidence.

And I'll try to remember 'use the powers for good, not evil' :p

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Congratz on the green tag mate you earned it.

Oh and either side works as there is always Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate that comes from the corresponding factions..

P.S. you have my addy so you KNOW where to be sending the dark chocolate to..;)

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Congrats on the color change rockyboy, well deserved!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hrrrmmm. before the forum change over I had nominated French for the green tag. It seems it has disappeared. I thought a few had seconded that nomination too. Also there are no name colors to distinguish who is who like mods and mentors. Everyone is all black n white still.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hrrrmmm. before the forum change over I had nominated French for the green tag. It seems it has disappeared. I thought a few had seconded that nomination too. Also there are no name colors to distinguish who is who like mods and mentors. Everyone is all black n white still.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stealth mode engaged :cool:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I agree with Hai Lee. He holds immense scratch-building knowledge in his satchel. He has given much sage advice to me about all my flying wings. while I have frequently failed in the execution of the advice it has always helped me gain insight
+Psyborg
+CraftyDAN
+NerdNIC

These are but a few of the great many whose advice has helped keep me in the path to lift and flight.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin

Fixed that :)

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I think flubtur and foamydm both deserve that tag, they help a lot with posts and questions and inspire a lot of people. Also Mid7night should also get one if he hasn't already, he's inspired a lot of us especially with the Valkyrie build and rebuild .