Mentor nomination thread.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
How come no one mentors me? every week I go to an unanswered "help" thread and help first-timers! :cry:
I mean I have been helping people (or at least trying to lol) for a couple years and I’m not a mentor yet. I don’t really mind that either, it doesn’t affect my ability to help. I’m not the only one either, there are lots of helpful guys on here without the mentor tag, like @SquirrelTail. If you keep helping people with good information and solid advice then you will be noticed at some point. Like MdCerdan said, it will come to you.

tesseract

Master member
I mean I have been helping people (or at least trying to lol) for a couple years and I’m not a mentor yet. I don’t really mind that either, it doesn’t affect my ability to help. I’m not the only one either, there are lots of helpful guys on here without the mentor tag, like @SquirrelTail. If you keep helping people with good information and solid advice then you will be noticed at some point. Like MdCerdan said, it will come to you.
Finally, a post on this thread quoting me that doesn't make me kinda wanna pull out my hair! Also its good to know that there are others without the Menotr tag. So ya, i'll help people every day an dsee what happens! :D(y)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah- as i said earlier i am not asking for mentorship. And as for having experience- that is not what i help people with. I help people that have never built a plane or flew one before. Like people who don't know how to wire electronics, what planes to get, what foam to get if not FT foam, etc. I also recommend them any rtf planes/copters that I flew.
Also- do you know anyone who needs help with copters? been flying them since I was 5

Its nice that you are helping which is always a good thing. BUT.. to be honest.. you only joined the forums back in October. You need to give it time for more and more people to see what you do and what you know. Even if you been in the hobby for 50 years your still wet behind the ears here. Keep doin what you have been. People will speak up on your behalf when you have a rep that says you'll stick around.

They gave me a green tag once so it cant be all that hard. I'm dumber then a hexagonal rubber ball and just as unpredictable. Constancy and quality is what the community needs and that only comes with time.

tesseract

Master member
Its nice that you are helping which is always a good thing. BUT.. to be honest.. you only joined the forums back in October. You need to give it time for more and more people to see what you do and what you know. Even if you been in the hobby for 50 years your still wet behind the ears here. Keep doin what you have been. People will speak up on your behalf when you have a rep that says you'll stick around.

They gave me a green tag once so it cant be all that hard. I'm dumber then a hexagonal rubber ball and just as unpredictable. Constancy and quality is what the community needs and that only comes with time.
ok

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
In my experience, the people best suited for being mentors, just do it and aren't worried about a label or recognition for it. I really like what @Ketchup said about the whole situation.

For myself, if I got offered the label, I would likely turn it down, because then I might feel expected to do something vs just helping were I feel like it.