Metal Foil Tape

ljonesj

I am getting a mini mustang i was wondering i was wanting to make the skin of my mustang look like metal panels and was wondering if i could use this as a way to do it i know it might upset the balance of the plane

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I think this should work. It will add a bit of weight, but as long as you balance it on the marks from the plans it should fly just fine and look super cool!

ljonesj

thanks and yeah ive been watching a ton of the flight test videoes im new to the hobby of rc planes been into the rc cars part for years ive got a flysky i6x coming from amazon been looking at the comments on here about it and it seems people like it . i plan to also get the foam board from my dollar store so i can make repair panels and do some mods i would love to make a p38 lighting someday if flight test ever makes it ill buy it

moret

Be careful using metal foil tape. I would worry about blocking the RF. You need to keep you Rec antenna away from behind metal and even away from wiring etc. as much as possible

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
thanks and yeah ive been watching a ton of the flight test videoes im new to the hobby of rc planes been into the rc cars part for years ive got a flysky i6x coming from amazon been looking at the comments on here about it and it seems people like it . i plan to also get the foam board from my dollar store so i can make repair panels and do some mods i would love to make a p38 lighting someday if flight test ever makes it ill buy it
I personally don’t think that the mini mustang is the best place to start. It could be done, but I’d recommend getting some dollar tree foam board (dtfb) and printing out the plans for a tiny trainer or the commuter. I have heard lots of great things about the tiny trainer, and I have the commuter and it flys great and is pretty easy to fly as well. Cool thing about both of those is that they will fly off the same power pack as your mini mustang so you could build both, learn on the tiny trainer or commuter, then when you feel ready, move to the mustang. If you want to go with the mustang, feel free! I would recommend tracing out all the mustang parts on the dtfb and then learning on that since first planes tend to get pretty beat up😉. That way you will have the mustang kit for templates whenever you need them...
Good luck!

Reactions: FDS

Mikes

I've done the aluminum foil tape before and it looks really cool but is hard to apply without crinkles. P2360034.JPG
Good luck on whatever you do!