PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Awesome skillz mate. I love your videos specially the metal tunes. None of that broken synthesizer stuff. How long did it take you to get used to flying that fast? (we aint the kids that normally fly) Amazing reaction times you have. Hopefully one day I can be half that good on a low budget for crashes and upper level gear. Who knows maybe someday I will actually get to race a real person at some point. Guys like you are a HUGE inspiration for us that are just starting out.

MetallDanny

Thx PsyBorg :eek:
nice to hear you like the video's .. really appreciate your compliment !!

i fly quads for 2 years now .. started with a DJI F550 with GPS ;)
after some big crashes with these big monsters (LOS) the Mini Quad - scene was born and i was Addictive the first minute i flew one
normall i fly only in a forest .. so the trees help me with my reflexes ( i think )
but .. i crash more than i fly around lol

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Same here. I have only been flying race quads since September when I got a runner 250 to check em out. I just got finished building a Versa and am loving any time I can get to be outside and fly. So far knock on wood I have only broken 3 props and 2 boom mounts. but I haven't been doing half the crazy stuff you guys do.

It is time to tune up a bit and progress though so I'm sure my share of pain is on the way. Its so addicting I have actually hand made some flags to start flying around like a mini race course. Will be ordering some pool noodles and some pvc pipe next to make gates. I blame you and several other pilots for all this Ill have you know.. and btw THANKS!!

MetallDanny

Same here. I have only been flying race quads since September when I got a runner 250 to check em out. I just got finished building a Versa and am loving any time I can get to be outside and fly. So far knock on wood I have only broken 3 props and 2 boom mounts. but I haven't been doing half the crazy stuff you guys do.

It is time to tune up a bit and progress though so I'm sure my share of pain is on the way. Its so addicting I have actually hand made some flags to start flying around like a mini race course. Will be ordering some pool noodles and some pvc pipe next to make gates. I blame you and several other pilots for all this Ill have you know.. and btw THANKS!!

Haha your welcome Bro :cool: ;) :p

Weather s#cks for Weeks here in the Netherlands ..!!!
so me and the Guys have some Fun in a Parking in the middle of the Night wooohooo

so much Fun to chase each other :black_eyed:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Haha your welcome Bro :cool: ;) :p

Weather s#cks for Weeks here in the Netherlands ..!!!
so me and the Guys have some Fun in a Parking in the middle of the Night wooohooo

so much Fun to chase each other :black_eyed:

Man you are sooo lucky to have an indoor place to fly. I live out in the country with dairy farms and corn fields. Yes there is open space to fly. Problem is you say "Quad" or Drone out here and you mays well be one of the bad guys. Haven't met many out here that fly. One is a 12 year old kid and another is a guy that just got into it that has one of them mini phantom style quads he is learning to fly on.

Mean while I am now stuck as I have out grown my gear and have to "upgrade". Flying 3s now and with only 20c batteries they pretty much scream at me thru the alarms from sag just trying to do a simple dog leg challenge course from the Rotor Riot gang.

I will however have gates here soon as I am making a set from fiberglass tent pole replacements and some cheap Wal-Mart fabric that is fairly visible in the cameras.

Anyway cool vids as usual... now if you will provide me with an address to send your part for the bill on the new gear since you are partly responsible for this addiction it would be greatly appreciated ;)

MetallDanny

Man you are sooo lucky to have an indoor place to fly. I live out in the country with dairy farms and corn fields. Yes there is open space to fly. Problem is you say "Quad" or Drone out here and you mays well be one of the bad guys. Haven't met many out here that fly. One is a 12 year old kid and another is a guy that just got into it that has one of them mini phantom style quads he is learning to fly on.

Mean while I am now stuck as I have out grown my gear and have to "upgrade". Flying 3s now and with only 20c batteries they pretty much scream at me thru the alarms from sag just trying to do a simple dog leg challenge course from the Rotor Riot gang.

I will however have gates here soon as I am making a set from fiberglass tent pole replacements and some cheap Wal-Mart fabric that is fairly visible in the cameras.

Anyway cool vids as usual... now if you will provide me with an address to send your part for the bill on the new gear since you are partly responsible for this addiction it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Hahahaha ;) :p :D;)
thanK you for the cool comment !!!
and sorry .. my paypal is a big hole to

yes finding FPV Friends is not easy to race and fly with
we got the same problems in the Netherlands !!

People walking with dogs etc always complaining .. and calling the Police
normally i go flying deep in the forest .. and yes .. alone
when we meet each other .. we make agreements with owners from Parkings or Parks

i wish you luck and happy flying Bro

Shendrones KRIEGER
ImmersionRC EzESC20A
Cobra 2300kv (2204)
HQ 5x4x3 (MetallDanny Edition)
MRP 1300 • 65C • 4S
Motolap Cyclone F3
Matek PDB
Foxeer FPV Cam + 2.5mm Lens
HoverspeedRC MetallDanny AirGates

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe Didn't get enough harassment directly from your channel granpa? If you come across some spare time if at all possible hit me with a pm so maybe we can do a Skype or something so I can ask a ton of newb questions how you do your edits and how to get videos to post properly. Lately I have been posting mine in 1080 30fps h264 like YT asks and when I watch them they are always locked to crappy 360.

Insane flights as always mate. Just got to get you to do them more frequently. I love the ones you and Rolf V do. You guys seriously push each other. I only wonder how you can fly straight as funny as that man is.. Id die laughing so hard Id crash just seeing his face after watching so much of his stuff.

MetallDanny

@Psyborg:
Thx bro .. always cool to hear you like the video(s) :eek: :)
i use the edit program FINALCUTPRO from Apple and i try to play with it a bit
i can adjust the frames in the EditProgram 30 - 50 - 60FPS etc

Yes Rolf V is a awesome guy .. tobad he lives 400km from my home (in a other country)
i wear headphones when i fly with him :p :D :p

@William M:
Woohooo ...... Thx for the Wow :cool: :cool: :cool:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You wear the headphones for the music or to block Rolf from talkin smack the whole time you fly trying to distract you? I cant stop laughin at him when I watch his videos. Usually go for his if I had a bad day flying.

Too bad he is so far away. I know what its like always flying alone. At least now I have spectators coming out to watch and chit chat on occasion. Just need to convince one or two they MUST buy a quad and fly with me.

I assume when you do the goggle view overlayed on the flight camera that your using picture in picture and are able to move the image around to sync it with the main view? I think the free editing software I have can do that two. I just have to make yet another harness now for my goggles to send video to my tiny dvr. I made one for my monitor but the ends are larger in the goggles. All in time I suppose. Just gotta keep peckin away at it.

Anyway thanks for the inspiration with the videos.. Just need more frequent posts hehe.

MetallDanny

Kick @$$, Danny. Rolf got a new subscriber today too! :)

:) :) :) he will be Happy with a new sub

I assume when you do the goggle view overlayed on the flight camera that your using picture in picture and are able to move the image around to sync it with the main view? I think the free editing software I have can do that two. I just have to make yet another harness now for my goggles to send video to my tiny dvr. I made one for my monitor but the ends are larger in the goggles. All in time I suppose. Just gotta keep peckin away at it.

Yes you need to sync it and cut it where needed
and yes its called Picture-in-picture .. maybe you need a other EditProgram (?!)
just play with it a bit ..

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I will hopefully get to play around with all that this weekend. I had to spend the morning digging thru boxes so I could make a cable from the goggles to my dvr. For some reason the monitor I have uses 1mm plugs and the goggles I just got use 1.5mm. The to top it off the made in China cable I used to make it from had the right side sound wire soldered to the ground part on the plug and the ground soldered to the positive video feed ring on the plug. I only soldered it 3 times before I figured the right combination so I didn't have to cut and destroy the molded plastic covering on the plug.

Nice run thru them trees cant wait til I can get a smaller lighter quad built to start practicing things like that. I started last September with a runner 250, then got a Versacopter to start practicing racing and freestyle stuff with 3s. Now the Versa has been modded for 4s and I am getting used to the speed and power. Next phase is a 5 inch alien build probably around Christmas time.

Here's some crappy attempts to film my feeble flying skills so far.

Mute this first one the dvr had a bad cable when I made it so it hums. this is 3 s fpv with a monitor.

this is 4s LOS with a cheap action cam.

and this is low as I can fly trying to twist and turn as much as possible with a few flips to see if I have any wobble or stuttering with my tune after I could not hear any out over the field.

Last edited:

MetallDanny

Damnn ...
I missed my Trees .. want tho kiss them al !!!! lol
so happy I'm back in the woods :) :)
Some SNAPSHOTS from some Flights
Quit the Official Racing for a While .. had no Fun anymore (exhausted)
dont get me wrong .. I love Racing .. but i want to Fly more as 2-3 Lipos on a day (with a HD Cam) .. I just want FUN & Adrenaline !!!!!!!!!

Wooohooo !!! :cool:

Getting almost Winter in the Netherlands .. soo get the FAK inside

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WB Danny. Been checkin your channel for new stuff every day. Was getting worried. Thought maybe we would have to send out Rolf's Tiger to find you

MetallDanny

WB Danny. Been checkin your channel for new stuff every day. Was getting worried. Thought maybe we would have to send out Rolf's Tiger to find you

hahaha ;)
no worries Bro .. i'm still alive !!!

did the last couple of months to much race events
and nobody is Racing with a HD cam anymore ..
so i needed to put the Gopro of my frame otherwise my quad was to heavy and can't compete with the other Pilots
to bad .. because the best Footage is on a Real Race !!!

1 of the reasons i stop with the Official Race Events

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I rather like the DVR footage over high res personally. I like the feeling of being the pilot not watching in a movie theater. That's why I record both for all my flights when possible. I would not be mad f you posted more of your dvr video over high res. As fast as you fly I get the rush of actually doing the flying and find myself doing the Stevie Wonder head bob when you wiz past something too close.:cool: