MetallDanny

Quick Test from my New HD Cam " SESSION #5

Yes Finally ........ smooooth Footage on 60fps !!!!!

I flew the last Months with a Session4
but I didn't like the Footage from it very *choppy/tippy on 48fps 1080S
*(don't now the good word for it)
when I was flying in Ibiza with the RotorRiot guys and I saw their footage afterwards .. i thought i had 3 broken props or something :(

I prefer to Fly with the session's because their are really Tanks !!!!
The crash resistant from the Gopro Black/silver edition's is zero 0.00
and I Destroy to many .. (and I'm not a miljonair)
I'm Happy now with the New #5 woohoooooo
Let the summer come !!! (F#k need to wait 5 months) !!!!

Gopro SESSION5 settings: 1080 60fps superview (protune OFF)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That is on my save up over winter to be ready for spring list as well. I always thought the action cams like the heros as well as the vivitar I currently use were like putting a billboard on the hood of a race car. Now that I use one I know there is not much difference aerodynamically. Its all about weight.

Personally I think the Sessions look more like they belong on a quad. They are the perfect width for most frames and like you said they are like tanks with the actual lens sitting back behind the frame and that front glass to keep it safe from dirt and debris.

When I get one it will still look like it was used underneath a lawnmower with all the crop circles I make out in the field when I crash but the footage will be better then I get now with no memory write skips and jumps like I deal with now.

Oh yeah.. I meant to ask.. how do you keep that quad in the air when you fly that slow?

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I've switched over to the session 5 too after flying the larger gopros for a while. I picked up a pack of these to give me a little extra protection on the lens.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
How clear is it when using those things? I would think on humid days and moisture in the air they would be like having cataracts and get all milky. I wouldn't suspect the glue to hold it to the lens is anything but water based so it doesn't eat the IR coatings.

MetallDanny

Finally ...!!!!!!
we could Race again in C-MINE-2
the Original indoor Parking from the Game Liftoff​
woohooo .. i love this Location,,,,,!!!!!

check link from Organization:
http://www.droneracingbelgium.be/
https://www.facebook.com/droneracingbelgium

Want to Thank everybody for the AWESOME Sunday
Pilots .. Organization .. Pizza service .. and my Friends
Jan .. Ron .. Dennio .. Erwin ..Ralfi ..
*Martijn (TeamSQG) ..Shaggy (Team MRO) and many many more (to much to list ) !!!!!!!!
**chasing Pilot

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't know Danny.. the last few videos of yours I always see people in front of you...your not getting slow are you? The one guy even said it was a maiden on the quad that was in front of you. ;)

Its scary to think that others are flying that fast too now.

Someday.. Maybe by summer I will be getting close to those speeds, of course by then you guys will be even faster.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nah mate.. you are only as old as the control sticks you feel. You are one of my favorite pilots so I follow what I can find on you so I know ALL the dirt. :D

I think you are actually still getting faster over time as it should be. You just get to fly with some more amazing pilots with some serious gear for sure to keep you at the top of your game. Awesome flying as always from you.

MetallDanny

My X-mas Holidays on the Island 'Tenerife' Canary Islands
No Toerist was Hit or Harm :)
It was a SuperB Holiday with my Wife & Kids
and sometimes i sneak out of the Apartment for a Flight !!!!
There where many Toerist so i must search for empty Spots (not easy)
so I was going to Fly early in the Morning or late in the Evening !!
WoohooooOoo !!!

#SAVE-Mode ON .. because I'm 3500km / 2800miles from Home
and have not many Spare Parts in my Apartment (lol)
I 'think' i flew 15 Lipos/batteries tho make this Edit

Happy NewYear & Best wishes for 2017 tho Everybody !!!!!!!!!!!
Mieeeeeep Mieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

MetallDanny

Normally i dont like to Watch and/or upload DVR stuff..
but i needed to show it you Guys/Girls .. its Amazing GoOod

http://www.iftrontech.com/

setup:
CLEARVIEW RACING RECIEVER
VITENNA 5.8GHz RHCP
IMMERSIONRC TRAMP-HV 25mw

SHENDRONES LONG BOOGIE L
PHOENIX 3D SESSION ZOOMPOD
BROTHERHOBBY TORNADO T1 2300kv
AIKON 30A
MOTOLAP TEMPEST F3 (BetaFLight 3.0.1)
FOXEER 1190 V2
IMMERSIONRC TRAMP HV 25mw RaceBand
IMMERSIONRC SpiroNET Clover RHCP

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice on Danny. I prefer to see race flights with DVR footage rather then HD. The HD cameras screw up persctive and I don't getthe feel for what you or the actual quad is doing. I don't learn that way hehe. Now we just need you to add an osd so we can watch the amp draw to guesstimate how much throttle you pull in the turns and on straights. I need goals to reach this summer.

MetallDanny

Nice on Danny. I prefer to see race flights with DVR footage rather then HD. The HD cameras screw up persctive and I don't getthe feel for what you or the actual quad is doing. I don't learn that way hehe. Now we just need you to add an osd so we can watch the amp draw to guesstimate how much throttle you pull in the turns and on straights. I need goals to reach this summer.

thaNk you PsyBorg
i dont like OSD in my Goggles
when i watch it . i crash iT :p

got a 50:50 video specially for you lol

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hahah told ya you were gettin slow in yer old age. I already watched that before I came here :p

But I will watch it again since you went thru all that effort to put it here just for me. The colors on that new clearview system look good. I am not sure maybe its because its a video and I am not actually seeing it in goggles or the fact that I play far too many high res video games on PC and am spoiled with sharper edges but it seems blocky to me. I would have to use it RL to see it in goggles to make a true assessment but it is progress in the right direction for sure.

Thanks for puttin that up as well as everything else you do to promote the hobby.

MetallDanny

yes its more *Blocky when you normally get a glitch
but Personal i like it more as the glitches :)

*but very very minimal .. almost not noticeable in the goggles :cool:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
When the reception fades does the video freeze like the original HD uplink did? I could handle blocky or even ghost video but freezes would make me extremely weary. I have done punch outs before out of the range of my 25mw setting where total loss of video happened so I had to chill while it free falled back into range and video came back as I knew it would since I went straight up it would come straight back down and that was scary enough for my old worn out self. I wouldn't want to be less then a meter above ground full throttle and have the feed lock.

Maybe some day I could afford to try an hd setup. I doubt Id get to test one as so far I am the only person I know in town that does FPV and or races / freestyle. I have met two other pilots in this tiny town that are DJI pilots so I don't see them getting an HD link just to film leaves n cows hehe.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WOOT!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Cogratz to MetallDanny for getting on the Shendrones race team!!!! Awesome job mate. Their sales are gonna soar with you on the team promoting their gear.

Can I haz yer old stuff? :p

MetallDanny

When the reception fades does the video freeze like the original HD uplink did? I could handle blocky or even ghost video but freezes would make me extremely weary. I have done punch outs before out of the range of my 25mw setting where total loss of video happened so I had to chill while it free falled back into range and video came back as I knew it would since I went straight up it would come straight back down and that was scary enough for my old worn out self. I wouldn't want to be less then a meter above ground full throttle and have the feed lock.

Maybe some day I could afford to try an hd setup. I doubt Id get to test one as so far I am the only person I know in town that does FPV and or races / freestyle. I have met two other pilots in this tiny town that are DJI pilots so I don't see them getting an HD link just to film leaves n cows hehe.

no its not gonna freeze @ all .. its not like connexHD
the DVR video is just like the video i shared .. its clear like ICE !!!! :cool::cool::cool:

and thank you for the congratzs !!!
very proud to be on the Team of Shendrones woohoooo

did some Flights for INTEL (Germany)

Fun in a FPV Hangar (Netherlands)

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice rippage bro as always.. but you still have not addressed that whole..

"Can I haz yer old stuff" thing. ;)

I am catching up!!! (not) I now have a Taranis and re- re RE tuned my Alien and it fly's nice and tight now. Specially with the better resolution over my Devo 7. I was doing flips the last warm day less the 1M above the ground LOS and NOT doing a panic catch and throttle up. I can not wait for better weather to get back out again. Trying some different props as well. I been flying Dal 5045's in various forms and just picked up a few sets of 5040 pc props. I only got two batteries on them before the weather turned crappy again so no real opinion on the difference just yet other then I noticed I have to go harder on the throttle after a flip or roll to catch it.

Hopefully this year I get outta the back yard and actually get to fly with other pilots. Good luck with the new team. Break them in right you know how them youngun's can be.