Micro Airplanes Electronics help!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Was just talking about this stuff on another thread...

Here's a build I did a while back. Total scratch built (no initial plan, made up as I went) banggood electronics, 1s power, same brushless motors you had linked... I've since made a few more versions and improved on it quite a bit, mostly built from crashed drone parts, foam board and packing tape...

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I did put a little tiny carbon fiber strip in this one ^^ but I've found it's not really necessary with this small of a build. Packing tape over single sheet foam board is incredibly strong for its weight...

DAWNSIGHT4

yeah it looks really good! I honestly still want to go along with the challenge though of making a airplane purely out of recycled drone parts. I saw a gentleman do it with a nut ball design from flite test he basically made the nut ball design out of styrofoam plates then went along with the same concept that peter sripol does in his rc paper airplane video with differential thrust.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I honestly still want to go along with the challenge though of making a airplane purely out of recycled drone parts....

Funny you mention that. Recycling drone parts is how this build got started. I wanted to use the board (in this case a hubsan X4) and original controller. Was going to be more of a flying wing. (Of course they've come out with the inductrix switch since then which is pretty much what I was thinking) problem was that my board had one of the motor connections (on the board itself) melt off. I ended up turning that one into a foamie hovercraft for the kids and found that banggood micro RX with built in esc and that's how this build came about...

I have since used this same method in a number of junk drones. I've found that the larger prop/gear reduction motor setup works best with these 8mm motors, though I've had some pretty good success with the 8mm motors and 3" props direct drive.

I'm still going to do one completely out of junk drone parts too, but now it can't just be a copy of the Switch...