Micro brushed fpv quad build

HighFlyer1

So I'm trying to build a micro quad with a hobby mate mini OSD beta flight controller and the camera is one of those micro cameras as a built-in transmitter. And for my receiver I'm using an FS82 Flysky compatible reciever but when I bind my rx to my tx my quad binds fine but my tx doesn't recognize the quad and I cannot use it at all rn please help! I've tried using the ppm output and the ibus output but my remote won't recognize that it is connected. I can get the motors to spin and all that good stuff in betaflight but just can't get the remote to work

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Welcome to the forums!!

Can you post a couple screen shots of your settings in betaflight? The main overview screen with the serial settings, and the receiver page to begin with? Also helpful in ruling things out would be a picture of your wiring for the receiver to board link too.

I have used a couple different mini F3 brushed controllers, and plan on getting this one with the OSD built in to replace any that get damaged. So I'm very interested in how we solve your problem here :)

HighFlyer1

IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2105.JPG IMG_2106.JPG IMG_2107.JPG IMG_2108.JPG IMG_2109.JPG

hopefully these come out ok heres those settings. i havent touched much because im still a bit of a noob at this

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I can't find any documentation, but I'm guessing that UART 3 is where your receiver is wired. Go into the ports tab in Betaflight and on UART 3 turn "on" Serial RX. Then save and reboot. Then go back into the ports tab and make sure it stayed on. If not, do it again.

After it's saved, go into the configuration tab and change the "receiver mode" to "IBUS". Then save and reboot.

Go into the receivers tab and check to see if your stick movements show up.

HighFlyer1

so theres no UART 3 only UART 1 and 2 and USB VCP but when i tried switching anything and saving it nothing would save it would go back to default settings

French

Ahhh!!! Now I see what you did. IBUS is a better protocol than PPM. I'd use it.

It also looks like you may have bridged on the the legs on the receiver's chip when you soldered on the PPM wire. Try to clean that off if you can.

HighFlyer1

okay ive done that and now i cand get the dang thing to connect to the computer. ive reset everything but it wont connect

HighFlyer1

ive tried to boot it and the led is flashing correctly like it should meaning its solid with no flashes but zadig wont find it to flash it. am i missing a step?

French

Did you happen to turn off any of the other items in the Ports tab? Or did you only enable Serial on the third UART down (looks like that is UART 2 in your photo)