Micro/Mini one sheet quarantine build off

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Successful Maiden!

She flew amazingly well for a first try, with a little tweaking this is going to be an awesome little backyard flier! The Counter Torque of the props with differential thrust makes for a very controllable banking turn. The plane is quite small and short coupled so the elevator is a little twitchy but I think she'll be fine with a little bit of expo. I think I might actually get around to paining this one! lol

Here's a short video:

(Should be posted shortly)

Wildthing

Legendary member
Successful Maiden!

She flew amazingly well for a first try, with a little tweaking this is going to be an awesome little backyard flier! The Counter Torque of the props with differential thrust makes for a very controllable banking turn. The plane is quite small and short coupled so the elevator is a little twitchy but I think she'll be fine with a little bit of expo. I think I might actually get around to paining this one! lol

Here's a short video:

It's marked private

mayan

Legendary member
S
Successful Maiden!

Here's a short video:

Sweeet.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
It did pretty good considering no power :D:D .

Just a thought for turning, what if you toed in the motors slightly maybe a few degrees.
That would sure work.

I was only running 10% mix on the differential thrust mix because I've had trouble with similar setups in the past entering oscillations as the torque roll from the outboard prop fights the dihedral.
My next few flights I'll work on dialing it in, might even use a charged battery! Lol

Samh

Elite member
Successful Maiden!

Here's a short video:

Awesome man.

Samh

Elite member
For my GLH I designed, I decided to make a set of plans. I am about to test build the V3 version of my plans and I was wondering if anyone wanted to beta build the GLH and give me feedback on the design before I upload it to the resources. If anybody knows how to create a tiled plan set that works, I would love to know. When I do it, I have to tape the edge together and if I over lap them , the lines get off

"Corpse"

Legendary member
For my GLH I designed, I decided to make a set of plans. I am about to test build the V3 version of my plans and I was wondering if anyone wanted to beta build the GLH and give me feedback on the design before I upload it to the resources. If anybody knows how to create a tiled plan set that works, I would love to know. When I do it, I have to tape the edge together and if I over lap them , the lines get off
I use Adobe Reader DC to open the full size plans and print them as a poster. The program automatically tiles them and you just have to trim a bit of paper off of each one, just like the FliteTest plans.

I'd love to beta-build it, but I don't have a mini power plant as of yet. I can just build it though...

Liam B

I'm having an issue with the fuselages (put the motors on before sliding in the fuselage LOL) but I should be done soon.

Samh

Elite member
I use Adobe Reader DC to open the full size plans and print them as a poster. The program automatically tiles them and you just have to trim a bit of paper off of each one, just like the FliteTest plans.

I'd love to beta-build it, but I don't have a mini power plant as of yet. I can just build it though...
ok. thanks. Pls do build it. i have refined the plans to be as close to flitetest stlye as possible.

Attachments

• GLH plans v3.pdf
    152.9 KB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
My warrior is turning out to be a 1 sheet plane somehow
20200417_183020.jpg

Morgajus

I am attempting to design something for this build... It's pretty rough.

I'm still calculating thrust angle and precise wing placement. Masses for everything but tape/glue, control horns/rods, and servo arms/wires/extensions are accounted for... 393.54 grams with a 3s Lipo, 10a ESC, 6040 e-prop and a 2204 1200kv (prop saver) motor
cutPlan.png
RenderedModel.png
ElectronicsView.png midcutting.jpg postcutting.jpg
the elevator needs to be scored on the back side... controlscut.jpg

more to come as I work on it tomorrow.

EDIT 1: made a mistake with the polyhedral, 15 degrees became ~20. I don't know how that will affect the flight characteristics. and the full length box fuse is a little skewed.
components assembled.jpg
Tape reinforcements on all control surfaces, major seams, and leading edges.
Reconsidering the power system at the moment... 400 grams on an ~a-pack equivalent might be a bit much.

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
I am attempting to design something for this build... It's pretty rough.

I'm still calculating thrust angle and precise wing placement. Masses for everything but tape/glue, control horns/rods, and servo arms/wires/extensions are accounted for... 393.54 grams with a 3s Lipo, 10a ESC, 6040 e-prop and a 2204 1200kv (prop saver) motor
View attachment 166860 View attachment 166861 View attachment 166865 View attachment 166863 View attachment 166864
the elevator needs to be scored on the back side... View attachment 166862

more to come as I work on it tomorrow.
A fellow Oregonian! What city are you from? I'm down in Eugene