Micro nozzles thrust vectoring EDF Su-35 - a challange for Flite Test

MajorDiegtiariow

Hi Flite Test!!! I thought I will give you a hard project. You have already made F-22 from America, JA-37 from Europe, maybe it's time for something Russian? :) Your goal is to make an EDF Su-35/Su-37 (or a mix of them, like Su-35 with canards :D) from foam/depron with advanced 3D fuselage and 360 degree thrust vectoring nozzles.

Requirements:
Wingspan: up to 500mm
360 deegre thrust vectoring NOZZLES (not proppeler or moving turbines) like in normal sukhoi
Weight: up to 350g
Deatil level: like in normal version of Viggen, however nozzles have to be quite round (not Chad's flying box :D)
Engine: 2x 28-40mm turbines
Moving: both nozzles, both rudders, both elevators, ailerons (optionally canards)
Gear: detachable
Up to 6 channels
It should have vectoring like that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUQHgcOMSMM

I know it is a bit hard to make so small and advanced plane, but c'mon guys, you are doing even more crazy things (flying cinder block, flying microwave, flying toaster, you've put a butane afterburner into an EDF jet :) If you will make it, please make also a Speedbuild kit for it, because I would want to buy it :) Maybe you will name it FT Sukhoi :)

Last edited:

Stape

Cool idea but isn't there a dedicated forum for FT challenges? Just thinking you might get more exposure to your desired audience there... My two cents. :)

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I know it is a bit hard to make so small and advanced plane, but c'mon guys, you are doing even more crazy things (flying cinder block, flying microwave, flying toaster, you've put a butane afterburner into an EDF jet :) If you will make it, please make also a Speedbuild kit for it, because I would want to buy it :) Maybe you will name it FT Sukhoi :)

Why does the SU-35 in the blueprint drawing have canards? I dont see canards on the photo.

Stape

On blueprint I think is Su-37.

How to change thread's place to FT challanges forum?

I don't know how you would move it. I wouldn't even try sice it doesn't hurt anything to be here, but you could start another thread in the challenges section just so you get more coverage. Not criticizing, just trying to be helpful!

MajorDiegtiariow

I don't know how you would move it. I wouldn't even try sice it doesn't hurt anything to be here, but you could start another thread in the challenges section just so you get more coverage. Not criticizing, just trying to be helpful!
I was thinking about it, but there is also a section for FT ideas, so I don't know where to place it :(

I'm doing research for a model im building also, I found that the SU-35s (Air force version) is a modernized variant of the SU-27, along with SU-37. The su-35 is called SU-27E (NATO). so you have to be careful when looking through images and models.