Micro P-38 - No Controls Just Thrust build

TooJung2Die

Master member
It is the guts of this guy: $25 to your US house in 1 week
I have a couple of that type of differential thrust RC toy airplanes. I bought them planning to use the electronics in a homemade foamie glider when they broke. Years later... the dumb little things keep flying and are almost indestructible. Flite Test's idea to sell just the electronics is a good one.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have a couple of that type of differential thrust RC toy airplanes. I bought them planning to use the electronics in a homemade foamie glider when they broke. Years later... the dumb little things keep flying and are almost indestructible. Flite Test's idea to sell just the electronics is a good one.
near completely indestructable they originally sold the guts as a kit... Now, you have to piece it together for $20. or just get the whole thing for $25 and give the plane as a glider to a 3 or 4yr old. (balanced)

TooJung2Die

Master member
Now, you have to piece it together for $20. just get the whole thing for $25 and give the plane as a glider to a 3 or 4yr old. (balanced)
Good for you if you can do it. Those little toy airplanes are fun once you get them balanced and trimmed. That poor little kid will have be satisfied watching me fly his toy. :p

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Now it's time to figure out how make the Don Carnage Fortress. :unsure:
Reference photo:
265888_df2fdd59ad47fb0ed7aa551679f1fbcc.png

1. Build an FPV Don Carnage plane with this flight system. (Banggood C-17)
2. Test to see how much room I need to land. with a hook and catch ropes.
3. Then build the deck frame as light as possible.
4. Add balloons.
5. Weigh it.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Now it's time to figure out how make the Don Carnage Fortress. :unsure:
Reference photo:
265888_df2fdd59ad47fb0ed7aa551679f1fbcc.png

1. Build an FPV Don Carnage plane with this flight system. (Banggood C-17)
2. Test to see how much room I need to land. with a hook and catch ropes.
3. Then build the deck frame as light as possible.
4. Add balloons.
5. Weigh it.
This is an awesome project! :D

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I picked up a few of these from my LHS some time back for a similar project but I have yet to get around to it.
20200303_115249.jpg
I did do a build with a little scratch built 3 channel foamboard plane that used little brushed motors with big gear reduction props but it did have an elevator too. One thing I noticed was that it was pretty important that the motors not only spun opposite each other but also that they had the CCW motor on the right wing so that it helped induce a little banking force in the turns. It also needed a healthy amount of dyhedral in the wings. I can't find a pic of it, but the electronics live on in another build that uses similar principles even thought it has AE&R.
20200303_121326.jpg