Micro Retracts

mkosmider

hi all, i have currently embarked on a micro Ft style/ balsa Curtiss Helldiver, i was wondering if anyone had any tricks or ideas on how to construct "ultra micro" retractable landing gear, please post any info you have on this topic i will bring all ideas to consideration
thanks, Max

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
There is one guy on the youtube that build retracts that fit in a water bottle cap... you know, the thin ones... I have to experiment with some gift cards and superglue and paperclips.

mkosmider

1579442845465.png

i have seen stuff like this and things like the micro mustang in the comment above but i am looking for something with a more clean look

Boats13

evilBay used to have listings for copies of the original GWS nano retracts... I searched using my purchase of them, no joy. I bought another set from a motor/ esc site. Will dig for the addy and post it.
EDIT: https://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-29b.html

They're about ⅔ of the way down the page. Great customer service, very helpful and fast responses.
C.T.

Last edited:

Boats13

I see someone has copied them for 3D printing, also. Nifty little units, have held up better than I thought they would.