micro scratchbuild time.

Pilot-294

time to scrap the extra 300 3d, just doesnt have any rigidity ant more... so im gonna go buy some dollar tree foam and make something new. gonna make a quick profile build, not sure of what yet, but something fun. post ideas!

earthsciteach

Scratchbuilt Corsair! That'd be pretty.

But, you said quick. What are you in the mood for? You looking for an indoor flyer or a tiny speed demon?

Pilot-294

not sure yet. since im using the guts from the 300 3d its gotto be small and a speed demon i think it wont be.... but i wanna do something fun with it. thought about a slightly smaller but beefier and streamlined aerobatic plane. but im not sure yet

Pilot-294

im starting to think i might make a small glider type plane. maybe a thin long fuselage and long thin wings. of course ill have full four channel control but i think i may borrow a servo off the lightning since its too heavy to fly and ill try to add a flap onto it. im thinking thats what the extra port on the umx receiver board is for. but ill experiment on it for a while. im trying to think of what to build it out of. im probably gonna go with dollar tree foam for the wing but only the wing since its too heavy for a whole plane with only one motor. i was thinking of using cardstock or something semi-sturdy for everything else, and then reinforcing important parts with something like carbon spars if i can find them. im thinking a simple profile fuselage with a single piece of foam around the very outside of the fuselage would work. maybe i can do that for the wing too, shape the entire wing then cut out an LE and wing tips with ribs in between, cut a groove for a central spar, and use simple scotch tape for the skin. i could also make a shaped fuselage that way, and leave a space for the battery to mount and some foam along the belly for reinforced landing padding. as for the tail im not sure but i may just shape it out of foam board, take the top layer of paper off leaving the bottom for rigidity and mount a paperclip to run the elevator halves. ill have to try and match up the existing lengths on the servo pushrods with my build since its easier to plat with what i have than mess with the carbon rods on the micro pushrods. if it fly's well maybe ill waterproof it and add some floats to the wing and remount the engine on a pod above the wing... or just make a micro float plane to start with... so darn many options....... GAH!