MiG-21 70mm EDF

Zephyr1

Elite member
4B0931AE-8B7E-4134-B9DD-612DA7B8F9FB.jpeg

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

This was my second attempt at a MiG-21, the first used the same power set up but was smaller and had a higher wing loading, and it needed improvement. This second version is bigger and has a lower wing loading and flies much better. In the spirit of Ben's F-16, I left off ailerons and used only elevons. I have also used a 64mm EDF on this plane when I wanted to use the 70mm fan for another project.

PLANS:

Attachments

• MiG-21 V2 Full.pdf
    38.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Zephyr1

Elite member
Thanks guys, it looks even better painted silver. I'll be posting a video, plans, and some more pictures this weekend!

EDIT: See first post for pics!

Last edited:

Zephyr1

Elite member
Hi Zephyr1, Always looking for a decent Mig21.
Could you post the video and plan for it?? Thank you so much.

Hey Daniel! I can definitely do that! I've just uploaded the plans! And speak of the devil but I actually finished editing the flight portion of the video two days ago, so I will hopefully have that today!

Daniel Liutan

It’s one of my own designs. I need to increase the size of the wings and change up the nose a little bit.

Thank you so much for the fantastic Plan of Mig-21!

I recently thinking about buying a Free-wing 70mm Star fighter. Now, I believe I can keep the hanger for your F-104(y)
This beauty definitely much easier to fly than the freewing's as it should be much lighter. I just have a concern which the stabiliser looks too large. It will very sensitive on horizontal performance. T tail has poor Stall characteristics but very efficient. Also, I can't see any cheating holes on the photo.

Just waiting for video and Plan of this blast (y)

Zephyr1

Elite member
Thank you so much for the fantastic Plan of Mig-21!

I recently thinking about buying a Free-wing 70mm Star fighter. Now, I believe I can keep the hanger for your F-104(y)
This beauty definitely much easier to fly than the freewing's as it should be much lighter. I just have a concern which the stabiliser looks too large. It will very sensitive on horizontal performance. T tail has poor Stall characteristics but very efficient. Also, I can't see any cheating holes on the photo.

Just waiting for video and Plan of this blast (y)

You're very welcome! Please share any build pics if you ever get around to it! The F-104 is gonna take awhile, I have flown it and you're right, the stabilizer is very sensitive and it stalls poorly, though I attribute that more to the tiny wings than the tail. You're right, there aren't any cheater holes, I try to avoid them whenever I can.