mig 3 with flaps?

moret

Anyone add flaps to the mig 3? I would like to slow down the landing. Right now I think I need the speed to keep from tip stalling nutI do not feel a good landing is skipping the plan down the field. Landing slower should keep it on the ground. I fly off grass. Looking at hiding the servos in the "air intake" under the plane or maybe practice more.

MarioGdV

If your transmitter has more than 4 channels, you can make a mix with the ailerons and use them as "Flaperons". I did that with a glider and works well, but it's harder to roll.

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
My MIG 3 did not like flying too slow as firstly the roll control would become less effective and fly slower it would stall viciously. If you fit flaps make sure that you use dual rates with high rate set for a little more deflection for landing!

Just my experience!

Have fun!

moret

I agree that the mig 3 does not like to fly slow. Maybe I should forget about the flaps and if I "skip" it 3-4 times landing , I just count it as 3-4 touch and goes:cool: Before the mig 3 I was flying the simple cub and simple scout and a carbon cub S+. I could keep them on the ground landing them

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I agree that the mig 3 does not like to fly slow. Maybe I should forget about the flaps and if I "skip" it 3-4 times landing , I just count it as 3-4 touch and goes:cool: Before the mig 3 I was flying the simple cub and simple scout and a carbon cub S+. I could keep them on the ground landing them
Of the FT warbirds, (not master series), the Spitfire and Mustang seem to fly the best and land the slowest! If you wish to add flaps then I would suggest the Mustang as it comes to rest nose down on the underbelly cooling scoop and so lifts the flaps away from the ground!

Just a suggestion!

Have fun!

moret

Of the FT warbirds, (not master series), the Spitfire and Mustang seem to fly the best and land the slowest! If you wish to add flaps then I would suggest the Mustang as it comes to rest nose down on the underbelly cooling scoop and so lifts the flaps away from the ground!

Just a suggestion!

Have fun!
Both are good looking planes but the mustang also has wheels! I have this thing about you should come down on wheels and it is hard to do touch and goes belly landing. Since I followed Caroline Tyler suggestion and had form board under my bed, parts from a bad day with the mig 3 and my internet paid up, I got the mustang completed today. Nice flying plane. It did not drop a wing in stalls, Very little trim needed. Good flying day and home with nothing to do but charge batteries.