Mighty Mini Arrow?

Innaviation

Personally I've never tried that but I think its a great idea. Just beware of some prop torque tipping the plane a bit and some CG issues. If you only have a B-pack and your looking for a good wing to build you could use it to build a Versa wing

Innaviation

Well the frame of the arrow is going to limit the size prop you can put on it. It is recommended to use a 6inch reverse prop but if you make the foam around the prop a bit bigger you could probably get away with a 8inch. since your trying to use such a large motor I would go for a smaller 6inch prop

Well the frame of the arrow is going to limit the size prop you can put on it. It is recommended to use a 6inch reverse prop but if you make the foam around the prop a bit bigger you could probably get away with a 8inch. since your trying to use such a large motor I would go for a smaller 6inch prop
thanks bro this thing is going to be a rocket

danskis

Master member
If you already have the B pack give it a try but if you don't you'd be better of with a drone motor something like a 2206 or 2207 spinning 2300+ KV. It will be lighter and the prop will fit in the space and just for kicks you could run a 4 or 6s in it. I've got a Xing 2700KV on my F22 and its pretty fast with a 4s. Noisy too :devilish:

If you already have the B pack give it a try but if you don't you'd be better of with a drone motor something like a 2206 or 2207 spinning 2300+ KV. It will be lighter and the prop will fit in the space and just for kicks you could run a 4 or 6s in it. I've got a Xing 2700KV on my F22 and its pretty fast with a 4s. Noisy too :devilish:
Ya I allredy have the b pack

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Ya I allredy have the b pack
The B pack on the Arrow will work on paper and will swing a 9" prop in between the elevons. There will be two issues to overcome though. One would be the lack of real estate for the electronics. Even using the F pack on the arrow there was not a lot of room. There might have to be a couple of mods over stock to fit the battery, Rx, and ESC into the box fuse in the center. Maybe just even strapping the ESC to the top out in the open might help. Two will be the balance, CG. The B pack motor will be heavier then say the A or F pack. Being on the back of the plane it will take some strategic battery placement to get it to work. And wings tend to be CG sensitive. You could extend the nose of the box fuse to stick out an extra inch or two to compensate for more play room. It is an interesting idea for sure, even at slower flight speeds the Arrow should be easy to fly on the B pack

Innaviation

The B pack on the Arrow will work on paper and will swing a 9" prop in between the elevons. There will be two issues to overcome though. One would be the lack of real estate for the electronics. Even using the F pack on the arrow there was not a lot of room. There might have to be a couple of mods over stock to fit the battery, Rx, and ESC into the box fuse in the center. Maybe just even strapping the ESC to the top out in the open might help. Two will be the balance, CG. The B pack motor will be heavier then say the A or F pack. Being on the back of the plane it will take some strategic battery placement to get it to work. And wings tend to be CG sensitive. You could extend the nose of the box fuse to stick out an extra inch or two to compensate for more play room. It is an interesting idea for sure, even at slower flight speeds the Arrow should be easy to fly on the B pack
When I built the Arrow I strapped the esc to the top of the wing and fit the receiver in the fuselage. If you put a larger battery to fix the CG issues you could just put it in similar to how the versa wing has its battery installed