Mighty Mini F-82

Mighty Mini F-82 2.0

Please log in to download

Matagami Designs

Master member
Matagami Designs submitted a new resource:

Mighty Mini F-82 - A Mighty Mini sized Twin F pack Scale Twin Mustang

A Mighty Mini sized Twin F pack Scale Twin Mustang.

View attachment 178382

Runs on x2 2205 2300kv motors. Tested with x2 850mah 3s batteries ( one per fuse) balanced at 25% chord 1.625" from the LE swinging 6 x 4.5 props. Dry weight (no batteries) 611 grams.

Please post build questions as there are no written instructions or video.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

Matagami Designs

Master member
Just a few pointers,

The H stab is constructed by chamfering the LE and TE to create an airfoil shape once folded over. I used a bit of hot glue in the LE and then 3m77 the rest to hold this together to save a bit of weight. Be sure to add a piece of duct tape between the layers, this will become your hinge since most of the paper is removed by the chamfering process. To finish the hinge just do a standard 45 bevel cut on each side down to the tape hinge.

When setting the H stab it is important to make sure you have good incidence. You can probably eyeball it to be flat but i made a simple fixture to set this with some scrap foam.
setting the h stab.JPG

Here are a few dimensions from the top to help get the fuselages square to each other:

1599183990574.png

Matagami Designs

Master member
After today's flight i believe i might have found the a better way to hand launch this. Hold it by the center wing section, underhand, and give it a gentle toss up at full throttle while slightly giving a bit pitch up on the elevator, Easy.I am a bit disappointed that i put a crease on one of the wingtips from one of my 1st attempts at hand launching this bird but hope that's no longer a problem. The flight times are pretty short about 2 and a half minutes if its moving but i think it flies just fine around half throttle too, not that i have the restraint to keep it there very long. I also went and gave it max weight on the differential thrust instead of only 50%. Did a hairy looking stall turn transitioning into a spin. :p Still need to get some decent flight video.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Another successful flight today with the F-82. Perfect underhand launch. I think I can increase my flight time to 3 minutes and be plenty safe on voltage. I need to get someone to shoot a decent video before I go and do something too stupid. The stall spins with differential thrust are a ton of fun but a bit sketchy too. Lol

Matagami Designs

Master member
Had a mishap today. 😕 basically if your going to run two different esc make sure you know how to calibrate both of them. 🤔 A few days ago I fried an esc somehow and grabbed a replacement and flew with it the next day. Today however I had a different plane loaded while I powered up and it triggered calibration since it was using aileronor rudder as input. (Doh!) Well I didn't know how to calibrate the replacement and I said oh well and decided to give it a go anyhow. Not a good idea. Way out of sync and yawed out of control on launch. Has a dent on the nose but I am hopeful it will fly fine again tomorrow. 👍

Matagami Designs

Master member
I see quite a few downloads for these plans but haven't seen anyone post a build or any questions? Anyone out there building one of these? I would love to see another build.