Mighty Mini Guinea, Which power pack?

Tontow

Which power pack should I use with the Mighty Mini Guinea? The store is a bit confusing as to what power pack is recommended to use with each aircraft.

Edit: I would like to have flaps on it if possible.

Morgan

Might mini power pack A but you will have to supply 2 servos for flaps as there is only 4 servos with it .

Tontow

So I got the power pack and noticed the props:

(4) Propellers (2x Clockwise, 2 Counter Clockwise)

But both motors have normal threads for the prop nuts.

If I'm meant to use counter rotating motors, then shouldn't one or the motors have the prop nut thread reversed?

Tontow

I find it odd that you have to get so much extra stuff for a pack that is suppose to have everything already with it.

I can forgive the lack of a receiver and Y harness for the battery because the batteries you already have may not have that type of plug and everyone has their own preference for a receiver.

But not including the correct nuts or at least counter rotating motors is a little disappointing.

Any word on just using some lock tight on the spinner nuts that come with the motors doing the job?
Or am I going to have issues with the nuts unscrewing themselves mid flight?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I would personally go with nylocks, thread lock can destroy certain types of plastic/nylon and may harm your props.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
In my experience with the mini Guinea and most twin motor airplanes, is that the thread direction of the nut doesn't make a big difference.
The only time it may be an issue is if the prop hits something while the motor is turning and it loosens (and only one of the two would have this happen). I have never had one spin off in flight or a crash. Just keep your nuts on tight and you will be fine.