Mighty Mini Nemesis

Mighty Mini Nemesis 1.1

Please log in to download

Matagami Designs

Master member
You've got me thinking about a 40" wingspan Nemesis, with the C-pack radial. :eek:

Wonder what the percentage increase would be? I calculate aprox. 165%.

Yep 167% or so. The issue would be the cowling and its interaction with the motor and bolt spacing. If you want to try I can redo the cowl to work for that size. I'd probably make a scalable version with a separate mount that can be glued in for different motors.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Yep 167% or so. The issue would be the cowling and its interaction with the motor and bolt spacing. If you want to try I can redo the cowl to work for that size. I'd probably make a scalable version with a separate mount that can be glued in for different motors.

That would be cool. I like the integrated cowl/motor mount. Also, would it be possible to take the trailing edge of the wing tips down to a point?

Matagami Designs

Master member
That would be cool. I like the integrated cowl/motor mount. Also, would it be possible to take the trailing edge of the wing tips down to a point?

So not sure how well any of this will print. I already scaled the power pack C mount up 167% and moved the motor mount back but the way I designed this print the walls are going to get thick so it will be a bit heavy. If I were to start from scratch it would be a different design for single wall printing but I suppose a little nose weight wont hurt. the other parts should scale ok. Let me know if you go forward with making one of these.

1659928478998.png

Attachments

• wingtip 2.STL
    226.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Nemesis nose C pack.STL
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Matagami Designs

Master member
It took three sheets. Bad news is my 3D printer stopped working. :(
Bummer! What kind of printer? Any idea why it's not working? It just dawned on me that I should have adjusted the back half of the cowl back down to the size of a sheet of foamboard after scaling it up. I will adjust that tonight and re-post.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Bummer! What kind of printer? Any idea why it's not working? It just dawned on me that I should have adjusted the back half of the cowl back down to the size of a sheet of foamboard after scaling it up. I will adjust that tonight and re-post.
Flash Forge Creator Pro. It has dual extruders... one quit working a while back so I've just been using the other one. It quit printing in the middle of a print. Filament not stuck. I think the extruders have gone out. Not sure, I will have to take it apart and see.

chris398mx

Master member
If you do, let us know. I am wanting to build a 40" version also with a EF1 pylon racing motor. It should haul the mail!

Matagami Designs

Master member
If you do, let us know. I am wanting to build a 40" version also with a EF1 pylon racing motor. It should haul the mail!

The cowl posted in #43 is for a 40" scaled up version and designed around the FT c pack motor. I don't think a scalable version will work due to the way it steps down the thickness of foamboard for mounting. When you adjust the scale this dimension needs to be constant. I think a single layer 40" version is still possible with a different motor mounting. In theory It would give more adjustability. What size motor are you looking at exactly?

chris398mx

Master member
The cowl posted in #43 is for a 40" scaled up version and designed around the FT c pack motor. I don't think a scalable version will work due to the way it steps down the thickness of foamboard for mounting. When you adjust the scale this dimension needs to be constant. I think a single layer 40" version is still possible with a different motor mounting. In theory It would give more adjustability. What size motor are you looking at exactly?

https://innov8tivedesigns.com/cobra-c-2826-ef1.html
Cobra EF1 racing motor. They call it a 2826, but the can dimensions are 3546.

1660316419302.png