Mighty Mini Nemesis

Mighty Mini Nemesis 1.1

Please log in to download

OliverW

Legendary member
I'm not sure how to do that. Do I need an account with Cura to have those options?
I don't think I ever made one. Yours is in something like beginner mode I want to say. There's a way to change it but I don't remember, It has been awhile since I have used cura

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I don't think I ever made one. Yours is in something like beginner mode I want to say. There's a way to change it but I don't remember, It has been awhile since I have used cura
I went through all the settings and I don’t see where to change it. I’ll google it and see if I can figure it out.

Matagami Designs

Master member
I went through all the settings and I don’t see where to change it. I’ll google it and see if I can figure it out.

In Cura its the same as wall line count
1614049392675.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I stayed up late and built mini nemesis! Don’t look too closely since it’s really not that clean of a build, but I must say despite my issues, it turned out absolutely gorgeous! I love the design and everything from the 3D printed parts to the wing slots were really good fits and a really good design. @Matagami Designs you hit the ball out of the park with this one, I can’t wait to maiden it tomorrow!
22917019-716B-4FC4-9F5F-EE6A5A17CB48.jpeg

Matagami Designs

Master member
Well I stayed up late and built mini nemesis! Don’t look too closely since it’s really not that clean of a build, but I must say despite my issues, it turned out absolutely gorgeous! I love the design and everything from the 3D printed parts to the wing slots were really good fits and a really good design. @Matagami Designs you hit the ball out of the park with this one, I can’t wait to maiden it tomorrow!
View attachment 193812

Awesome! Good luck on the maiden! I cant tell but looks like the left wing tip isnt mirrored? They should both roll up at the wingtip. Might just be the picture though?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Awesome! Good luck on the maiden! I cant tell but looks like the left wing tip isnt mirrored? They should both roll up at the wingtip. Might just be the picture though?
Yeah, I copied the part in cura and didn’t think to mirror it. I left it since this was a quick build so I could finish it for build-ruary, but I definitely plan on building another one of these when this one crashes. I maidened it today and it flies absolutely amazing! I’ll be uploading the video later today.

Matagami Designs

Master member
Yeah, I copied the part in cura and didn’t think to mirror it. I left it since this was a quick build so I could finish it for build-ruary, but I definitely plan on building another one of these when this one crashes. I maidened it today and it flies absolutely amazing! I’ll be uploading the video later today.
I'm glad it flew well for you. For me the battery position/cg was too finicky and I had difficulty following it because of its size. If I rebuild one I may have to scale it up to help with those problems. Looking forward to your video.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
It's nothing much maybe 40-45 mph. I think it could go faster with a better prop or 4s battery. Very smooth flying.

Hi Matagami D, This is another awesome design! Great job! I have now built 5 of them. 3 for me and two for friends. I use the Flite test F pack with a 4 cell 850 mAh battery and a 6-3 prop for maiden flight. Once I get it dialed in, I switch to a 6- 4.5 prop for some CRAZY speed. ( Well over 100 mph!) It was a hit at our fun fly event last week/weekend. The only problem is it disappears really fast at that speed, hence the multiple builds LOL :p

Nice set of plans... everything fits as it should. 3D prints turn out really well. On the 6-3 prop it is an intermediate aircraft, but on the 6-4.5 it is for advanced fliers only. It has no issues and tracks very well for a simi symmetrical wing. As you can imagine, it takes very little control throws at the higher speeds. It will slow down quite a bit and is stable in moderate flight conditions.

I can recommend this build for anyone that wants a rocket ship. (Good eyesight required.)

Keep up the good work!

Tim

Matagami Designs

Master member
Hi Matagami D, This is another awesome design! Great job! I have now built 5 of them. 3 for me and two for friends. I use the Flite test F pack with a 4 cell 850 mAh battery and a 6-3 prop for maiden flight. Once I get it dialed in, I switch to a 6- 4.5 prop for some CRAZY speed. ( Well over 100 mph!) It was a hit at our fun fly event last week/weekend. The only problem is it disappears really fast at that speed, hence the multiple builds LOL :p

Nice set of plans... everything fits as it should. 3D prints turn out really well. On the 6-3 prop it is an intermediate aircraft, but on the 6-4.5 it is for advanced fliers only. It has no issues and tracks very well for a simi symmetrical wing. As you can imagine, it takes very little control throws at the higher speeds. It will slow down quite a bit and is stable in moderate flight conditions.

I can recommend this build for anyone that wants a rocket ship. (Good eyesight required.)

Keep up the good work!

Tim

Glad you had some fun with this build. Your build looks great! I definitely agree about the requirements for good eyes. Lol 😆.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
I iron the edges of the foam to make it stronger, and to reduce drag.
Don't forget to paint individual pieces if different colors.
Nemesis 08.jpg Nemesis 14.jpg Nemesis 15.jpg Nemesis 16.jpg Nemesis 17.jpg Nemesis 19.jpg

Roll posterboard over edge of table to help with curvature. Glue center first, then each side one at a time.
Nemesis 20.jpg Nemesis 21.jpg Nemesis 22.jpg

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
On to the wing, making sure servos are centered before installing servo arms. I use a plywood spar to strengthen it, but it probably doesn't need it. Peel the paper off of the inside of the wing.
Nemesis 11.jpg Nemesis 12.jpg Nemesis 13.jpg Nemesis 24.jpg Nemesis 25.jpg Nemesis 26.jpg Nemesis 28.jpg
Install pieces of zip ties for protection on the bottom of the fuselage. Install Wingtips and servo guards.
Nemesis 29.jpg Nemesis 35.jpg

Last edited:

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Battery hatch / canopy. Again, glue the center first then one side at a time. (I glue it off of the Fuselage)
Nemesis 27.jpg Nemesis 31.jpg Nemesis 32.jpg Nemesis 33.jpg

Install electronics. I use the Flite Test F pack. (It is easier to install the motor in the cowl before mounting to the fuselage)
Nemesis 30.jpg

I use an 850 mAh 4 cell battery pushed all the way forward. Start with a 6-3 propeller for maiden, then go to a 6-4.5 for crazy speed. Receiver tucked under the back deck. Install a Flite Test foam spinner to finish off the look...... and go FLY!!

Nemesis 34.jpg

Tim

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Great looking builds Tim! Now I'm starting to think I want to make another one myself. How long did these builds take you to put together?

You've got me thinking about a 40" wingspan Nemesis, with the C-pack radial. :eek:

Wonder what the percentage increase would be? I calculate aprox. 165%.

Last edited: