Mighty Mini Sea Otter

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Well, it’s ready to fly, all electronics installed. Made a major oopsey though, went to screw in the motor, wouldn’t spin freely. Unscrewed it, removed the bell, found a tiny piece of clipped piano wire in there, removed it put the motor back together. Started screwing it back in and felt a grating noise :eek:, I forgot the spacer between the motor and the firewall, accidentally broke a couple wire inside the motor:cautious:. Good news is it still works, bad news, stutters a little on start up though. It’s dark now but gonna go for short hops as a maiden with a headlamp.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
please elaborate? i want to do a roughly 60% scale Sea Otter. if i may ask, what was your AUW?

thanks,

me :cool:
Sorry, I have no recollection of the auw, all I know is I didn’t keep the thrust angle and it nosed down and to the side. This was also the project that I used too long of a screw and messed up my redbottom 2205, I have multiples now but it was an issue for a while there. Post your results because I wanna see this done properly, and I think you’re the one to do it.