Flyingshark

Master member
Sit rep:
I got a little more work done today.
IMG_0267 2.JPG

Flyingshark

Master member
Finally, some more progress!

Built the power pod and did the wing today. Hopefully I can finish it all up tomorrow. I'm so excited to fly this little guy!
IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0346.JPG

Flyingshark

Master member
Well I think that it should be fine might be a bit twitchy... Worth a try!
At least the wing is easier to remove than on the mini mustang! :D And it's less of a hassle to build a new wing than for the full-size Spit. The advantages of Mighty Minis!!

Flyingshark

Master member
Almost there!!
IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0350.JPG
I went with a rear turtledeck more like this: (That is a mk xvi, btw. It does look a lot like an IXE though.)
unnamed.jpg

She still needs a canopy, and I need to glue/velcro in all the electronics. Maiden tomorrow if the weather permits!

Flyingshark

Master member
Today's flights were with 30% rates and 30% expo. After 10 minutes, the only casualty was a broken prop. The wingtips need a little reinforcement, at least until I can learn to land without cartwheeling. :D I'll upload a video tomorrow.

Now all the Spit needs is some sort of orientation markings, and maybe eventually a paint scheme.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Today's flights were with 30% rates and 30% expo. After 10 minutes, the only casualty was a broken prop. The wingtips need a little reinforcement, at least until I can learn to land without cartwheeling. :D I'll upload a video tomorrow.

Now all the Spit needs is some sort of orientation markings, and maybe eventually a paint scheme.
Yesssssss!!!