Mighty Mini Trainer Question

Snowmannjellybean

Here in South Africa, foam board or it equivalent does not exist as far as my research found so I got a cousin i the U.S.A to send me a 25 box of the Flite Test foam board and as a noob would like to start by building the Mighty Mini Trainer from scratch. My question is about the motor I have, a Turnigy 2822 1450Kv and my 1300Ah battery, will they work in this model or will it be too heavy, it is all I have and can not afford to buy anything else right now so if this will not work please suggest another Flite Test model I might try.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The TT would be fine if you scaled it up, (Enlarged it), by 50%.

As for an alternative you could try the FT Simple Cub, (Tubby Chubby). The motor is a little large still but fit a nice SF, (Slow Fly), prop and if should be fine.

Have fun!

Snowmannjellybean

The TT would be fine if you scaled it up, (Enlarged it), by 50%.

As for an alternative you could try the FT Simple Cub, (Tubby Chubby). The motor is a little large still but fit a nice SF, (Slow Fly), prop and if should be fine.

Have fun!
Are you sure about the alternativep plane, the thrust on the Turnigy 2822 1400Kv is only 550g and it weighs 38g?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
When specifying the thrust available you should have also mentioned the prop used.
The reason I mentioned the SF prop is that they are more efficient at low kiV and produce a great deal of static thrust but not a lot when the aircraft speed is high .

I use a 9x4.7 on a 3S 1534kV installation and the Cub almost leaps into the air the moment the throttle is opened fully. For my first flight I was trying to taxi at half throttle when the plane just lifted off and kept on climbing, (unscheduled maiden had commenced). I spend a lot of time at very low throttle just trying to hover in breezes.

It was just a recommendation based upon what I might consider for a trainer with the parts you listed. If you have doubts DO NOT build it or try it as you are responsible for what you fly regardless of anyone's advice. Additionally the use of the SF prop was to ensure that you had almost immediate maximum thrust on throttle up which can be vital when flying slow, (close to stall), where most crashes occur.

Have fun!

Snowmannjellybean

When specifying the thrust available you should have also mentioned the prop used.
The reason I mentioned the SF prop is that they are more efficient at low kiV and produce a great deal of static thrust but not a lot when the aircraft speed is high .

I use a 9x4.7 on a 3S 1534kV installation and the Cub almost leaps into the air the moment the throttle is opened fully. For my first flight I was trying to taxi at half throttle when the plane just lifted off and kept on climbing, (unscheduled maiden had commenced). I spend a lot of time at very low throttle just trying to hover in breezes.

It was just a recommendation based upon what I might consider for a trainer with the parts you listed. If you have doubts DO NOT build it or try it as you are responsible for what you fly regardless of anyone's advice. Additionally the use of the SF prop was to ensure that you had almost immediate maximum thrust on throttle up which can be vital when flying slow, (close to stall), where most crashes occur.

Have fun!
I am using the recomended 7x4 regular prop, what size slow fly prop would you recommend for this motor (Turnigy 2822/15 1450Kv)

Last edited: