Mighty Mini Vampire (Fighter Jet)

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I am gonna use a 3s 850 battery, a 30 ESC and a 2207, 1700kv motor, I am hoping to be able to go REALLY fast but also be able to slow down to a decently low speed. If this is the hope and electronics what prop should i use/ will be able to fit between the booms. A 5.5 x 4.5e, a 6.5 x 6, a 5x4 four blade prop or a different prop unmentioned? Thanks!
Five inch max diameter prop. As I built mine with Westboard (with the inside paper removed) I balanced it with a 1300mAh 3S. The balance point is on mine is 50mm back from the leading edge at the wing root.

IcedStorm777

Thank you! So do you think a 5x4 four blade would be good? Also i can't find the tiled plans that have servo cutouts and stuff like that labled, where are they? I found tiled planes but they don't have a cutout for things like the boom slot, the servos etc.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Thank you! So do you think a 5x4 four blade would be good? Also i can't find the tiled plans that have servo cutouts and stuff like that labled, where are they? I found tiled planes but they don't have a cutout for things like the boom slot, the servos etc.
Yes you can use the 5x4,
The full size plans have all the cutouts so you can still use those if you open the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make tiling the plans after they printed easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.

IcedStorm777

Anyone know what is wrong? I am trying to print the tiled plans straight from Adobe acrobat reader but they won't print. I know the printer is working because my dad just printed something off of his computer?

Wildthing

Legendary member
Anyone know what is wrong? I am trying to print the tiled plans straight from Adobe acrobat reader but they won't print. I know the printer is working because my dad just printed something off of his computer?
Take a screen shot of the print page just before you hit print and post the picture.

IcedStorm777

Take a screen shot of the print page just before you hit print and post the picture.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 3.51.07 PM.png

Wildthing

Legendary member
If you switch back to (size) instead of (poster) and use the (make fit) will it print it as a single page? If not check the pull down menu of what printer you are using is correct. Also once you can print a single page of anything and go to print the tiled plans uncheck (tile only larger pages) , check (Cut Marks) and (labels) plus where your cursor is (overlap) that should be 0.005 . You definitely want the cut marks and the labels tell you what row it is from plus page number.

IcedStorm777

Someone told me it is the really small firewalls like for the long ez and such but judging by the pictures it looks to be the normal size ones. Which is it?

IcedStorm777

Also which would work better/not be super sketchy/ be faster. A 2206 1700kv motor swinging a 5x4 four blade prop with a 30Amp esc, or a 1806 2280kv motor swinging a 5x4 blade prop with a 30Amp esc. Both on 3s

IcedStorm777

I don't have any balsa for the boom doubler. Should i just use foam or should i not use anything? Sorry i will probably ask a ton of questions as i am just starting on the build.

IcedStorm777

Also what do all the markings mean? for exapmle do the dotted lines on the wing mean fold or cut or... and the servoes on the wing do you cut that space out completely or...

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Also which would work better/not be super sketchy/ be faster. A 2206 1700kv motor swinging a 5x4 four blade prop with a 30Amp esc, or a 1806 2280kv motor swinging a 5x4 blade prop with a 30Amp esc. Both on 3s
I would go with the 2206 when looking for speed.
I don't have any balsa for the boom doubler. Should i just use foam or should i not use anything? Sorry i will probably ask a ton of questions as i am just starting on the build.
Do you have any BBQ skewers? The skewers by themselves might work.
Also what do all the markings mean? for exapmle do the dotted lines on the wing mean fold or cut or... and the servoes on the wing do you cut that space out completely or...
The red dotted line means a 50% cut, for the servos you make a cavity, and then cut all the way through where the servo horn sticks out.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Do you think i could get away with a 2207 1700kv motor on a 4x5 four blade prop? Would this be fast?
What size battery?

How heavy is you motor, a 2207 might be a little heavy for this sized plane. But yes it would be fast although your stall speed might also be a bit faster.