Mighty Mini Vampire (Fighter Jet)

Wildthing

Legendary member
There is no tiled plan! Does anybody have plans tiled a4 size??

Just use the full plan, when you go to print click on "poster" , make sure to print at 100%, check off labels and cut marks and you should have an overlap of .005" I believe. It doesn't matter what size of paper you use it will adjust on it's own for that.

Kbat11700

Building one as we speak. What's the max diameter prop I can use with this?

I have a emax 2206 1900kv motor laying around and a bunch of 3s 1300mah batteries I'd like to use. Thinking a 6x4 or 6x5 maybe? I'm at 5500ft by the way so I tend to go up in pitch from "standard".

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Building one as we speak. What's the max diameter prop I can use with this?

I have a emax 2206 1900kv motor laying around and a bunch of 3s 1300mah batteries I'd like to use. Thinking a 6x4 or 6x5 maybe? I'm at 5500ft by the way so I tend to go up in pitch from "standard".
5" diameter max for the prop.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
So I finally got back around to this thing. When I built it I removed 2 inches from the wingspan, it was fast, but I wanted faster. Today I shaved off another 2 inches (for a wingspan of 20 inches) and gained a little bit of speed. Another flight later saw another 2 inches removed, speed has probably gone up by 5-10 mph :p. Now finally I have taken off as much of the under camber as possible, which brings me to 17 inches.
And it still flies amazing!

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Has anyone managed to go super lightweight and go sub250g with this build ?
The all up weight of mine is at 265 grams, and mind you I’m not good at building light.
That is also with about 55 grams of nickels for nose weight!
So coming in under 250 would be pretty easy.
(Using an a-pack instead of f-pack, removing paper from more parts, using a glue other than hot glue, etc. would easily get you under 250)

FTBRibeiro

How slow can it fly? I am really not experienced with fast airplanes but I wan't to try this one and I'm afraid I won't be able to control it.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
How slow can it fly? I am really not experienced with fast airplanes but I wan't to try this one and I'm afraid I won't be able to control it.
Keep it light with an a-pack and a 2s and you should be able to keep it pretty slow. This plane slows down decently even above the suggested weight, so if you build it super light it should float fairly nice.

FishHawk

I have the foam for the Vampire cut out, one quick question. Where does the battery tray go, just in the nose?

FTBRibeiro

So..I finished scratch building my mini vampire and placed it in a shelf while waiting for the weather to get better so I can maiden it.

Somehow it felt from that shelf and now the tail booms are bent although I had them reinforced with a barbeque skewer. I think I need to rebuild the entire thing.

Can you show me how you reinforced the tail?

Thanks!