Mighty Minis

T1TAN

All right, since I wanted to build some mighty minis, I decided to make a thread for them. Im currently building an mm corsair and then ill do an mm mustang, followed by miniAC rc's mm stuka. The reason Im doing this is because they are all swappable so I can use the same batteries, and the planes are only 1 sheet, so they are super easy to cut and build (im a scratch builder).
I have a question though. I wanted to know the battery that I should use, could i do a 2s 1000mAH, or a 3s 800? The 2s is available at the local hobby shop and I am leaning towards that, but I would like to know others opinion.
Also, what would be the flying time with a 2s 1000, 2204 2300kv and a 20a esc.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Either one will work. My favorite battery by far for minis is the tattu 3s 450, but the ones you listed work as well. Flight time will really depend on the way you fly. You'll probably be getting around 8-10 minutes of mixed flying on the 1000mah 2s.

T1TAN

Either one will work. My favorite battery by far for minis is the tattu 3s 450, but the ones you listed work as well. Flight time will really depend on the way you fly. You'll probably be getting around 8-10 minutes of mixed flying on the 1000mah 2s.
Okay thats great! Ill just go and pick up two of them then! Thanks a lot. Btw im doing a really interesting thing for the corsairs wing, and I ended up making a fourth. This fourth one has a plywood spar that has the shape of the corsairs bend, so I dont have to bend the wings with the jigs and gauges. When the spar is in the wing, then all I have to do is fold over the spar and I have a bent wing. Will post pics of my entire build process later

T1TAN

So Im almost done with the mm corsair, and I have ordered electronics but they havent arrived yet, and they will take quite a while. I noticed that the powerpod doesnt seem to be removable without taking off the cowling, so what to do?? I havent made the powerpod or firewall, and have no electronics, so should I glue in the cowling??
Could really use some help.
Thanks in advance.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So Im almost done with the mm corsair, and I have ordered electronics but they havent arrived yet, and they will take quite a while. I noticed that the powerpod doesnt seem to be removable without taking off the cowling, so what to do?? I havent made the powerpod or firewall, and have no electronics, so should I glue in the cowling??
Could really use some help.
Thanks in advance.
Which mini Corsair, the master series one or the old one? If it’s the old one, it’s swappable so you can go ahead and glue the cowl on.

T1TAN

Which mini Corsair, the master series one or the old one? If it’s the old one, it’s swappable so you can go ahead and glue the cowl on.
its the old one, but then if I glue the cowl in, then how will I access the powerpod and put in the barbecue skewers? Also how will I glue the firewall and mount the motor?
@The Hangar

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
its the old one, but then if I glue the cowl in, then how will I access the powerpod and put in the barbecue skewers? Also how will I glue the firewall and mount the motor?
@The Hangar
The bbq skewer goes through the cowl. You’ll just glue the firewall to the foam powerpod then use tape to secure it. Then it slides into the fuselage then you stick the bbq skewer through the cowl to secure it. At least that’s what I did.

T1TAN

The bbq skewer goes through the cowl. You’ll just glue the firewall to the foam powerpod then use tape to secure it. Then it slides into the fuselage then you stick the bbq skewer through the cowl to secure it. At least that’s what I did.
I mean thats not what Peter does in the build video except thats a good idea and I will have to try it. Thanks!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I mean thats not what Peter does in the build video except thats a good idea and I will have to try it. Thanks!
It’s been a couple months since I built mine so I can’t quite remember how he did it lol. It’s been working really well for me though!