Mikey's FPV v3 Scratch Build

PaulT

Mentor
Very clear instructions. Another winner.
And another project!!!!
Can I get a phone number so I can just get my wife to call you directly about the lack of space in the shop?
More efficient use of time as I am busy building!!:eek:

Klonas

Where do you get those metal pushrods?
Nice episode guys. Very clear instructions indeed :). Although the sound quality seemed a bit lower than a usual episode.
Also about that Mario statue in the background. Is it in the FT-gremlin stance? Can't really see, it's blurred :D

John Campbell

Great Job, Really enjoyed the video. Really Missed Josh Scott, hope to see him in the next episode.

and WOW, just looked at the plans... What size printer paper did you use, or have it printed on?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Great Job, Really enjoyed the video. Really Missed Josh Scott, hope to see him in the next episode.

and WOW, just looked at the plans... What size printer paper did you use, or have it printed on?

If I am correct, they had it printed on a fullsize paper, not on split papers. Much better IMO, but you have to go to the print shop to do it.

John Campbell

If I am correct, they had it printed on a fullsize paper, not on split papers. Much better IMO, but you have to go to the print shop to do it.
That is what I was thinking... I have a friend with on that will do 5' sheets of paper.... May do that!

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor

We used regular letter size paper and taped it together.

John Campbell

We used regular letter size paper and taped it together.

WOW, you all did a great job of that... Putting those plans together like that almost warrants a 60 sec spot on how to do it right. I sure did not see any lines, tape, or anything else that would indicate that it was regular size sheets.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
WOW, you all did a great job of that... Putting those plans together like that almost warrants a 60 sec spot on how to do it right. I sure did not see any lines, tape, or anything else that would indicate that it was regular size sheets.

Me neither, not a sign of tape!

fred0000

that was a great video, but, no intro? decided to remove that? or is it just for the builds, are you guys using a "hot" glue gun, or medium temp, everyone i've talked with localy recomends a meduum melt gluegun so thats what I got and so far it's been perfect, but I don't thik i'd be able to do those long glue lines before it started to cure like bicyclemonkey had questioned.

Klonas

My hot glue gun melts deporon... Does that mean it's too hot? I had another one (which exploded... Im not kidding) and it wasn't as hot, didn't melt depron as much but didn't glue as good...

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
My hot glue gun melts deporon... Does that mean it's too hot? I had another one (which exploded... Im not kidding) and it wasn't as hot, didn't melt depron as much but didn't glue as good...

I guess that is why it is called Hotglue :)
I glues better if it is hotter :) Obviously not on 99999999°C any more

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor

Does the glue melt the foam, or does the tip of the gun do it?

BillyG

Hey guys. I think you are doing a great job and I love watching your show. The only complaint I have is that the episodes are to short.

I am currently working on building this plane based on the changes you guys have made to Will's original plans. I noticed last night the your engine mount and the slot for the prop are about 6 inches further back than those on the plans. I was wondering if you guys could let me know how far from the back edge of the top wing you guys cut your prop slot. That would help me out a lot.

Also a little side note. This is my first rc airplane. I have been flying 450 helis mostly. I use a Dx6i transmitter and was wondering if someone could point me to a place where I might get some help setting this plane up in my transmitter. Or maybe you guys could make an episode about the basics of airplane transmitter configurations for different type planes.

Thanks and keep up the good work!