Mikey's FPV V3 scratch build

Flying

Just started building hoping to get it flying soon. Just waiting for motor and stuff from hobbyking . Hopefully it flies well. The plans are slightly different from the ones flitetest used. The motor mount is placed more forwards compared to flitetest's version. copy.jpg

Flying

Have not finished the rudder yet. But you can see that the prop slot is very far forward. IMG_0058[1].JPG IMG_0059[1].JPG IMG_0060[1].JPG

scbackyardflyer

Hey Flying. This is DJ. I built this plane about two weeks ago. It is definitely a floater but that makes it very touchy in the wind. I have found that it tries to act more like a sail than a plane if it is gusty at all. Best if flown in still weather. But it is cool once you get it up and going and it really glides smooth.
Good Luck
DJ

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hey Flying,

You might want to put your prop slot further back, as flitetest did in their review:

Flying

At the moment the plane is about 850grams without the rudder still. I still have to wait till about mid march for hobbyking parts:(

Flying

Thanks DJ where did you put you prop slot on your plane? More towards the front or towards the back? I think that this plane will be a perfect FPV plane, can't wait.

Stefan Pavelka

I used very light depron for the upper wing and airfoil, it is 4 times lighter. White depron with paper is the bottom wing :)

Last edited:

Flying

Just an updateIi finally got my hobbyking stuff and am close to finishing the plane will post more pictures when finished. Just a quick question I am a little concerned that my plane will be too heavy I think it will weigh about 1.2kgs do you think it will still fly like this???