Mikoyan-Gurevich I-250 (Mig - 13) Prop & EDF multipower

leaded50

Legendary member
Decided on my next build, The Sky-Shark (as it also was called). As shown, im liking
p1.jpg
unconvential not much known aircrafts, and this plane gives it all...just look at the cockpit placing and the high tailfin :)

In service for Russia 1945 - 1946 , developed in 1944 as a quite successful high-performance fighter. (ok, it was just 12 planes, but... )
the Mikoyan-Gurevich I-250 , aka Mig 13, aka Sky Shark reached speeds of 510 mph that time.
The VRDK was a motorjet, not a plain jet, or with a conventional jet- engine as known today. .The "jet"-part was more a clutchoperated fuelmated ignited compressor, driven by main engine who also drive the prop. A booster.

Main measures:
Length : 818mm as 1:10
Wingspan: 950mm as 1:10

A perfect plane for multipower, a conventional prop in front, and an EDF in middle/back set up on same speed-channel, or by acceleration push?

i250_3 (1).jpg
:)

leaded50

Legendary member
"plans" of the main parts laid out. As with a earlier build (Yokosuka D4Y) i found someone who had this "MIG 13" plane as a papermodel, then its easier to start, by using that plans , zoom it to fit sizes wanted, and adjust parts to fit the build.

This is also gonna be buildt "Master style", because it will look nicer, and more scale.

Attachments

• DSC_0216.JPG
    DSC_0216.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
Such an interesting build!
What putty are you using?
light weight wall filler.
Yes, its a very interesting plane. Not the prettiest, but the technology history does overcome it. The first plane who was a mixed propulsion fighter that actually worked, who was set into service. The others was just with a onetime rocket blast help..here it would work when wanted extra power.

It has a lot of ideas/parts who is similar with others planes at that time.. just check the wing and stabilizer with the Yak 3 to 9. or even simiaritys with mig 3. eg.
The wing profile on this plane, was the forerunner for jetage wingprofiles in many 10-years after.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Of the originals.. the prototype was gray, plain just boring gray.... the versions after was bluegray, as mine planned, or a even more graybluish. The blue was the only one with the yellow graphics, without the Russian star all have..
No version was in camo.

Attachments

• 2prototype.jpg
    2prototype.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
installed the electric retracts, and windshields at cockpit, last mid part must wait till a pilot arrives in mail... now, electronics...

leaded50

Legendary member
The build have comed along quite well. With good spacing for retract wheels in wings, it also would function as "cheater holes" for the EDF, a couple scoop inlets under there do help too. (if needed)
Ive started setup the electronic , but an error at a esc for the prop delays till get new one.

The "graphics" aint exactly all as original, but changed a bit for easyer to see in flight. Canopy do have another angle on front for a nicer speedy designlook..
Wing is detachable for easier transport, and easier to get to the EDF, who still is in shipping.

More pics to come!

DSC_0227.JPG
DSC_0228.JPG

Last edited: