Military Blimp Attacks Pennsylvania!!!

earthsciteach

Hide your wife and kids! We in PA are under assault from an unmanned, government drone blimp! No, this is not a joke!!!

Today, the government sent a drone to attack Pennsylvania. Released from Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland, the unmanned blimp assaulted over 35,000 people in our state. F-16s provided air defense for the drone to prevent any aerial attacks on the weapon of destruction.

Elwood Gumknocker, a resident of Berwick, PA was quoted as saying, "Me and my wife were a-watchin' Jerry Springer when we hear that danged dog kickin' up a ruckus. I grabbed muh shotgun and went outside. That's when I saw this giant ufo thing a-floatin' over the trailer. The woman turnt on the radio and the radio man said sumthin' about a army blimp attackin' us. I shot that sumbitch down."

And we rc hobbyists are a threat?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You guys need an army of registered(!) drones and fly into that thing to take it down.

Seriously. Don't they have some failsafe mechanism that when they disconnect from their tether they automatically land?

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I never caught the full story on that. When I saw it on the news, all I could think was "this would be a great movie".

I don't catch the news very often. I happened to catch some live stuff when I was eating lunch at McDonald's. I'm surprised Facebook news outlets and the few times I caught the news didn't really mention it at all. But I rarely catch any news at all. Maybe I just missed the stories on it.

Wasn't it dragging a long cable behind it too?

ViperTech

I never caught the full story on that. When I saw it on the news, all I could think was "this would be a great movie".

I don't catch the news very often. I happened to catch some live stuff when I was eating lunch at McDonald's. I'm surprised Facebook news outlets and the few times I caught the news didn't really mention it at all. But I rarely catch any news at all. Maybe I just missed the stories on it.

Wasn't it dragging a long cable behind it too?

Yes it was! Which knocked out power to several communities when it tore off power lines.