Millennium Falcon part2 with tilt rotor

Adee

Love the video lads, it got me thinking how about sticking a tilt rotor quad, modified size to suit Falcon body.
They can fly flat and fast, check out some videos of my VQ250, just an idea but would be awesome!

Regards
Adrian Linsell

mach1 rc

Master member
Welcome to the forums 😀Really nice videos👍that's super cool how you can tilt the motors.😎

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I thought the same thing for the Falcon build. Then I remembered why people dont actively fly tilt rotor quads. They are awesome in straight line runs not so much when it comes time to turn at higher throttle levels.

But yes you are right for the Falcon build to cruise around they would be good. My thought was more on the lines of keeping the front motors flat and just tilting the back to give it better forward flight but still keep the back end low and level. That would also give it a touch more stability in coordinated turns so it could bank and return to straight without the wobbly over corrections Matt had to fight.

Adee

I thought the same thing for the Falcon build. Then I remembered why people dont actively fly tilt rotor quads. They are awesome in straight line runs not so much when it comes time to turn at higher throttle levels.

But yes you are right for the Falcon build to cruise around they would be good. My thought was more on the lines of keeping the front motors flat and just tilting the back to give it better forward flight but still keep the back end low and level. That would also give it a touch more stability in coordinated turns so it could bank and return to straight without the wobbly over corrections Matt had to fight.

I know what you mean about the cornering, with a tilt, but for Falcon cruising, cornering and rolling, I think it would be realistic.
My video are very early ones just after the build, so I can fly it a little better now plus I’ve tweak a few settings.
Also just to through in the mix you can convert this quad to a front tilt Y quad.
Check out VQ250 tilt quads.

http://vectorquads.vfmcorp.com/us_english/vtc250v1-kit.html

It looks like the flight test team has played with these back in 2016.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I looked into tilt rotors when the idea first surfaced. It doesnt fit my flying style as you cant do much more then cruising with them. For this project though it does.

#85degreecamtiltorbust