Mini and micro Ritewing drak FB clones with plans

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Hey all!

Just wanted to share something I have been sitting on for the last few months.

I have always loved the lines of the Ritewing Drak but at $400 a kit plus postage its out of my price range. So, I drew up these PDF's for a foam, KMF2 version.

View attachment 104126

You can scale these plans to whatever you want, feel free to ask any questions.

I have built a 600mm and 750mm version, powered by a 1306 and 1407 motor, with a 460mah and 700mah 3S.

Built light, they preform wonderfully and are easy to launch and land. I even took the 600 with me on a 4 week trip in a standard suitcase... :black_eyed:

Here is the unfinished 750, will get some high res pics soon.

IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2888.JPG

Abe

>>UPDATE<< Here are some good pictures of a 600mm version I made a year or two ago I just ran into

1573206518635.png

1573206560392.png

1573206593391.png

1573206618659.png

Attachments

• Mini drak.PDF
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Looks Speedy! And the plans are really simple - wow!

Any vid? Any build pics?

Excellent work utmt&g

DamoRC

Userofmuchtape&glue

Yeah I am not great at plans, but the thing I like about plans like those is they are so simple you can do anything you want with them. Scale em up, down or whatever!

Yeah the little one was fast, but the big one weighing only 200g is surprisingly quite slow. I have only flown it once as I built it for a mate, but like I said you can go slow or fast depending on your power choices.

Sorry I don't have any video ATM, and it might be hard to upload it as I don't have YT but I will work on something. Build pics are minimal, but here ya go:

IMG_2883.JPG
IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2885.JPG
IMG_2886.JPG

If I build another I will do a build log.
Actually working on plans for the ritewing Z3, will release them when I build a model.
Abe

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Sweet(y)

Any plans for the fuselage? side pieces and the top cover?

Have fun!

Last edited:

Userofmuchtape&glue

Yes hai-lee, I kinda just bodged them because I couldn't get a reasonable looking template drawn on CAD, but I will update the plans soon.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Thanks French! when I did the big one in the video neatly, it took maybe 4 hours to build but if you had your electronics loom ready you could do it in one.

kdobson83

Man, I've been wanting a ritewing drak for a couple years now, just can't drop the $$$ on a kit. I've looked around for dtfb plans but couldn't find one that looked good or was simple enough. I think my search is over! I might just have to scale this puppy up to fit a 1806 I have laying around and give it a try!

Notnewton

I’m using a 2205 2500 kv on a 1500 3s with a 5040x3. I’ll need to measure the CG, but I believe it’s about 1/4 inch behind the leading edge. That might be where I started. I’ll double check when the plane is in front of me.

Notnewton

Man, I've been wanting a ritewing drak for a couple years now, just can't drop the $$$ on a kit. I've looked around for dtfb plans but couldn't find one that looked good or was simple enough. I think my search is over! I might just have to scale this puppy up to fit a 1806 I have laying around and give it a try!
I scaled the attachment to 250% to get a 35 inch span.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Hey @Notnewton, Sorry didn't see your posts before, but your version looks great! Glad to see you're having fun with it.

Anyone else built one? I am going to build another in blue next

Abe

Userofmuchtape&glue

Yes its a KMF airfoil. Cruising throttle depends on what power system you are using and the AUW. for me, it maintains altitude at about 30% throttle. I spend most of my time at about 65% though, it has unlimited vertical at that... ;)